The derby!

Vaati

Any continued insults, bickering etc will results in account suspensions. This is the only warning you will get.

Message added by Vaati

Next Monday. 

A rather big game. 

The Blades have won their last three, keeping three clean sheets. The pressure is slightly off after the good run, as many suspected that we'd drop points against Boro and West Brom, and really need the win at Hillsborough. 

This isn't the case now, a loss wouldn't put us out of touch with automatic promotion, but it certainly wouldn't help. 

The Owls have won a game and are now looking towards the playoffs (of course). Brentford on Tuesday should be a relatively straight forward game, making it two wins on the bounce going into the derby. 

We're the better team, but this is going to be a tough one. 

I predict a 1-1 draw. 

Wednesday chasing a top two spot HAVE to win all their games.

Assuming we beat Brentford 4-0 as I fully expect us to, we should then go on to easily batter United on our home patch.

Wednesday 2 United 2

I'm almost bottom of the Prediction League so what I've foretold will probably be a right load of Rhubarb.

I'll be watching the game through closed eyes, with Ear Plugs in.

Shame we haven't got our best side available, but no doubt we'll give it a go.

19 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Wednesday chasing a top two spot HAVE to win all their games.

Assuming we beat Brentford 4-0 as I fully expect us to, we should then go on to easily batter United on our home patch.

Wednesday 2 United 2

I'm almost bottom of the Prediction League so what I've foretold will probably be a right load of Rhubarb.

I'll be watching the game through closed eyes, with Ear Plugs in.

Shame we haven't got our best side available, but no doubt we'll give it a go.

Bees only won one away all season, should be a doddle, fill your boots!

Never easy to predict a derby, on paper united should win based on current form and their season as a whole. The Owls have nothing to play for and Bruce has been experimenting in the last few games (as he did 2nd half on Saturday), for me the game will be won or lost on the wings, Uniteds game plan is to get the ball to the widemen and ping crosses into the box which they do very successfully. The left hand pair of Arrons and Lazaar played very well v Swansea and can hopefully nullify that threat. The only way the Owls can get anything I feel is to nullify United for the first half hour at least and then hope the more gifted players can make something happen.

Massive game Monday ( for the Blades ), as I"ve  posted previously I"m a football supporter, love to watch the kids in the park just as much as Champions league football..I love it when both Sheffield clubs win, but on this occasion I shall be cheering for the Blades, simply because they need the pts for automatic promotion... Whoever wins I won"t be slagging any one off, I come from an era 60s when fans stood side by side, and at the final whistle shook each others hand, praising or commiserating  whatever the case may be, try that today and your life would be in danger (no kidding)… remember my dad, season ticket holder at both Hillsboro and the lane, in fact I"ve just dug a few out..

S.U.F.C. 1966/7 ground £3-3 shilling.

1963/4 Sheff Wed . south stand £8-8 shilling.

1959/60 Sheff Wed. south stand, block "B". £5-0-0.

Enjoy the game lads, and may the best team win,  2-0 blades.

SB  will not need telling he does not experiment  in a derby game . This is all we have to play for  this season now.  I expect 100% from  all the team and if we are beaten fair enough, but for those old enough to remember Boxing Day 79 the Blades were in a similar position and Alex Sabella  and the rest went back to S2 with there backsides spanked. Who,s to say it can,t happen again, any Owls win will do me. 

As a neutral with owlsmad stepsons lm going for a draw form means nothing in these games. 

Be watching with a guinness or three!! 

Is the game on BBC One, because I can get that with an app I have? I saw the Chelsea v Wednesday game (FA Cup)  recently.

I HAVE MY TICKET, but work may get in the way, so it may be a happy nephew on the day......its on the TV too, and with United flying , i hope for an away win, however i was there on the fateful boxing day too, we were flying then too.

1-2 utd

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Is the game on BBC One, because I can get that with an app I have? I saw the Chelsea v Wednesday game (FA Cup)  recently.

No, its on Sky.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Massive game Monday ( for the Blades ), as I"ve  posted previously I"m a football supporter, love to watch the kids in the park just as much as Champions league football..I love it when both Sheffield clubs win, but on this occasion I shall be cheering for the Blades, simply because they need the pts for automatic promotion... Whoever wins I won"t be slagging any one off, I come from an era 60s when fans stood side by side, and at the final whistle shook each others hand, praising or commiserating  whatever the case may be, try that today and your life would be in danger (no kidding)… remember my dad, season ticket holder at both Hillsboro and the lane, in fact I"ve just dug a few out..

S.U.F.C. 1966/7 ground £3-3 shilling.

1963/4 Sheff Wed . south stand £8-8 shilling.

1959/60 Sheff Wed. south stand, block "B". £5-0-0.

Enjoy the game lads, and may the best team win,  2-0 blades.

I had a juvenile season ticket for the ground at the lane for two consecutive seasons in the early sixties and it was sixteen shillings, saving me five bob. I would have had one for Hillsborough at the same time but Wednesday didn't do juvenile tickets in those days. I didn't miss a league match played in Sheffield for those two seasons.

40 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

No, its on Sky.

OK thanks, can't get that, will follow on live text, I suppose.