Mongrels

I have two dogs ,both have been re homed by us due to them being un wanted else where.

One was described as a Lurcher although he dun't look like that dog on Heart beat , He has big stuck up ears and legs that are to long for his body.

The other was described as a Patterdale and she dun't look like one of them either as she has grown a three foot  six inch body on stumpy 6 inch legs 

So when any one asks" what kind of dog is that "I reply "Its a mongrel". This statement seems to shock the local dog walkers on our rec who all have names for their particular dog friend .

Some call their dog a Labradoodle others may come out with its a maltipoo or spancoll etc, etc.

Well as far as I am concerned they are just like my two odd looking sods and that is MONGRELS  ,so designer dog owners ,get real you are having your sens on.

I totally agree if anyone say sto me it a cockerpoop etc etc   I always say "in my day we called them mongrels or heinz 57"  I dont think it very PC these days though to call them that maybe crossbreed is nicer !

The response was always a cross between <a breed> and an open gate.

It does sound like a lurcher, which is a crossbreed so still more or less a mongrel its just a particular mix, my first ever dog was bought for me by my Grandad 40 years ago, Cocker Spaniel x Poodle and she cost him £5 he was outraged and said he was robbed :D  these days she is a Cocker poo and now worth at least £500, that would have probably killed him haha.

Edited by Moonbird

I always call them crossbreeds if you ask me some people are making some right money from gullible people by making up these names ! 

I have nothing at all against crossbreeds and in all fairness they are probably a lot healthier than a lot of so called pedigree dogs but come on selling them for £500  plus is just robbing people,