getting a council flat

and can they help him out with some clothes and food? 

On 25/02/2019 at 21:54, leviathan13 said:

Complete the online application form at www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk

Submit ID

Once the application is processed, bid for properties

Different areas have different waiting times due to being more/less desirable

If the person 'needs' a property, speak to local housing office or Housing Solutions at Howden House if homeless

Alternatively, go on to a public forum and ask a bunch of total strangers.

Or, go and see your local councillor at their surgery if you're likely to struggle with the actual application forms.

At 27, having lived at home, has he got any savings towards a flat rental/purchase? Has he got a job which would allow him to rent a modest one bed flat somewhere? Or is your friend expecting the good life to be presented to him on a platter?

On 26/02/2019 at 14:07, Kellogz5 said:

and what if he gets kicked out and he got no paperwork, no money, no clothes, nothing to eat and nowhere to go? 

He's unemployed and his parents would steal all his belongings and passport?

Or this is a wind up thread aimed at exposing the amount of help illegal immigrants get or something similar?

2 hours ago, Kellogz5 said:

he has nothing. 

and he's never had a job

So he currently has no clothes, no job, no money and no paperwork?  And it suddenly seems likely that escalating from the first post not only does he want to consider getting a council house, his parents are suddenly about to kick him out and change the locks...

I call bull.

i was only asking what would happen to him if that did happen and he had nothing. 

Is he registered disabled or requires care in some way??  If so the process/outcome might be slightly different then if he's just a dosser.

10 hours ago, Kellogz5 said:

i was only asking what would happen to him if that did happen and he had nothing. 

It was purely hypothetical was it?  Why ask it if there's no chance of it happening?

4 hours ago, Kellogz5 said:

he does have mental health issues 

and a documented history of mental health disorders??

because if so he could be classed as vulnerable, receiving more priority.

On 25 February 2019 at 10:13, Mandem said:

My daughter was on the council list for 15 years before she got offered a one bedroomed flat  So good luck with that  I think if you want a council property it best to put your name down when you are young and at least you are racking up the years.

Was she bidding on available properties all that time?  I can't remember exactly when the system changed from simply putting your name down and waiting for an offer, to looking at what is available every week and putting in bids for suitable properties, but I know its more than 12 years ago.    There are properties available every week, but it can take years if people want specific areas.

just logged onto my property shop  account with 17 years waiting time there are people above me in the Q, for all of the 36 properties available this week one bed flats in my case.

i friend once told me some flats are let on a first come first serve basis a few years ago this though might not be current info you needed to go to howden house i believe, worth giving them a call.