getting a council flat

my friend lives with his parents and wants to know if he goes to the council, can he ask for a one  bedroom flat and get one? 

if hes got his name down on the council list ,the longer the better,he can choose most areas,if not i suggest he puts his name down asap,then asks what waiting time is for the areas he wishs to move to,there is help if disabled,he has kids but separated or over 60,just call in and ask,good luck

My daughter was on the council list for 15 years before she got offered a one bedroomed flat  So good luck with that  I think if you want a council property it best to put your name down when you are young and at least you are racking up the years.

he is 27 what if his parens kicks him out and changes the locks, can he get one? 

He'll get chucked into a privately owned bedsit id imagine or a bnb if he's lucky. Won't be a one bed council flat.

Yea the council are well wise to the old "my parents kicked me out" routine, they don't have tons of properties just sat waiting for the next sob story to come calling.

Complete the online application form at www.sheffieldpropertyshop.org.uk

Submit ID

Once the application is processed, bid for properties

Different areas have different waiting times due to being more/less desirable

If the person 'needs' a property, speak to local housing office or Housing Solutions at Howden House if homeless

and what if he gets kicked out and he got no paperwork, no money, no clothes, nothing to eat and nowhere to go? 

7 hours ago, Kellogz5 said:

and what if he gets kicked out and he got no paperwork, no money, no clothes, nothing to eat and nowhere to go? 

He engages with the council/support services and requests help.

Maybe he requires supported housing because, if things are that dire and he can't look after himself, how can he maintain a tenancy without support??