anyone suffer with osteoarthritis ankles? treatment? advice

if anyone has painful ankles like me, 1 have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my ankles and it is very painful to walk sometimes, taking naproxen and codeine at the moment anyone else have any better results with other stuff?  going for cortisone injections soon but dont want fusion which is another option.

any advice appreciated  thanks

My friends husband has just been for bone shaving off his feet and his toes realigning. He only had it done on Friday. He has osteoarthritis and hes not even forty yet. 

I have had arthritis for over 20 years (knees) and in my hands for 2 yrs.  I was given naproxen about a year ago and it didn't do any good at all.

On Wednesday I took 1 circumin tablet   (the active ingredient in  turmeric)   and had no pain all day , the same yesterday and today.  I decided to try

it after reading the reviews on amazon. I have never used anything like this before and I have always been  very sceptical of  'alternative' medicine.

My left knee is no longer swollen and my right is only slightly swollen.  If it doesn't continue to work I will let you know.

17 hours ago, Sidonica said:

I have had arthritis for over 20 years (knees) and in my hands for 2 yrs.  I was given naproxen about a year ago and it didn't do any good at all.

On Wednesday I took 1 circumin tablet   (the active ingredient in  turmeric)   and had no pain all day , the same yesterday and today.  I decided to try

it after reading the reviews on amazon. I have never used anything like this before and I have always been  very sceptical of  'alternative' medicine.

My left knee is no longer swollen and my right is only slightly swollen.  If it doesn't continue to work I will let you know.

thanks will try that.