**Warning** Con Artists in Lowedges / Greenhill ?

Just found out this morning that my elderly neighbour Had a visit around 6pm last night   from a " Nurse" who was supposedly collecting for the Doctor + Nurses in the NHS....When told they had no cash in the house said they wanted  to see their debit  card so they could set up a direct debit.. she /they   very pushy,  another "nurse"  was hovering  at the bottom of the path …..

Of course this COULD be legitimate but feels like a scam to me...  as we had no callers...anyone else been approached ? 

Description  of the one who came to the door White woman in 30's with blue " NHS style"  dress

Edited by nikki-red

This pushyness will be hard for elderly people to deal with. 

Contact police.

Sounds extremely dodgy.

Tell the police.

Granma.

12 hours ago, tuthill said:

Just found out this morning that my elderly neighbour Had a visit around 6pm last night   from a " Nurse" who was supposedly collecting for the Doctor + Nurses in the NHS....When told they had no cash in the house said they wanted  to see their debit  card so they could set up a direct debit.. she /they   very pushy,  another "nurse"  was hovering  at the bottom of the path …..

Of course this COULD be legitimate but feels like a scam to me...  as we had no callers...anyone else been approached ? 

Description  of the one who came to the door White woman in 30's with blue " NHS style"  dress

Are you seriously in doubt whether this is a scam or not?  :gag:  

I find that absolutely incredible.  

Exactly - no way would any nurse or doctor behave like that. they'd be struck off.

Uniforms are easy to buy. they are just overalls with a logo.

tell the police

21 hours ago, tuthill said:

I was a nurse and no way would the NHS have done this.

My relative in Wybourn had a similar experience about a month ago.  A woman knocked on her door saying she was her carer, she does not have or need a carer.  She had problems getting the woman to go away but she went eventually and joined another woman who had been waiting outside the gate.  This was reported to the police as my relative said the woman was very pushy and insisting she needed to enter the house. The police were not really interested!  Sounds like a similar scenario. 

Edited by katekate