Any recommendations for Coal suppliers?

23 minutes ago, Wilk said:

Your right Sheffield is a smokeless area,but nearly all man made fuels ( briquettes) ovals as some people call them are smokeless.

Thanks Wilk

Many thanks for the suggestions, mother fixed up with one of them, and happy there is no more stones in the coal, thanks. :thumbsup:

On 24/02/2019 at 07:47, jdamarine said:

I use a place at Brimmington chesterfield £6 for 20kg of smokeless

Do you have contact details please? I'm finding my usual supplier very expensive at the moment

DDA

Old Station Yard ,  Station Road ,  Brimington ,  Chesterfield ,  S431LS

Bit tricky to find, But's just before the canal on the right heading up to brimington

I am now looking for a coal Merchant due to Wesley Nichols having now ceased trading as from 5th April. Any idea,s? thanks.

Crickey, Wesley Nicholls ceased trading, I didn't know that.

I get my solid fuel from Dixons at Attercliffe, cheaper than Nicholls, but the quality perhaps not as good

Yes Newbiz they must have been trading over fifty years......thanks I will give Dixons a ring.

We have been using Yorkshire Fuels, based in Penistone but deliver to this area. Reliable service and we have found them to be cheaper than Wesley Nichols and quality of coal is good. Would recommend. 

12 hours ago, ferretman said:

Yes Newbiz they must have been trading over fifty years......thanks I will give Dixons a ring.

Dixon’s are great.

If you have a car, pop down to their yard and buy a bag or two as a trial

Does anyone Know why Wesley Nicholls coal merchants suddenly ceased trading on 8th April! 

Their website directs you to an insolvencey practice in Manchester so assume they have gone bust/been wound up