Tv licence scam

Looked at my @mail this morning and someone claiming to be from tv licensing is asking me to pay my license (£150.50), before midnight tonight , clearly a scam, so beware answering this message 

i get them quite a bit and they do look convincing  tv licensing  are aware and advise to delete and try to block 

Regardless of subject, the number one check - does it have your full name on it.

I got same email starting something like  To “my email address”

First question I ask myself when I get an unexpected email, even from 'TV Licensing' is - 'Have I ever given them my email address'? If the answer is 'No', then it is an obvious scam.

I had one but when I checked the licence number on the top right of the email, it was different to my actual number.

11 minutes ago, despritdan said:

I had one but when I checked the licence number on the top right of the email, it was different to my actual number.

I got one and I live in Canada. Lol. When I got mine it was not long after I downloaded a UK TV app.

52 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I got one and I live in Canada. Lol. When I got mine it was not long after I downloaded a UK TV app.

That is interesting to know because when they changed the license rules to watch off air streamed stuff we were told that they couldn't actually check when you clicked the 'Yes I have a TV license' box. 

Mind you, it could be a coincidence.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 16:50, Top Cats Hat said:

That is interesting to know because when they changed the license rules to watch off air streamed stuff we were told that they couldn't actually check when you clicked the 'Yes I have a TV license' box. 

Mind you, it could be a coincidence.

I think the point is that Ontarian got a scam TV licence request from a scammer, not the BBC or Capita, after downloading the UKTV app.  

On 21/02/2019 at 12:38, pintor said:

Looked at my @mail this morning and someone claiming to be from tv licensing is asking me to pay my license (£150.50), before midnight tonight , clearly a scam, so beware answering this message 

I wonder what they will think of to do next!

23 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

£150 for a TV license is a scam in itself...

Peaky Blinders was worth the license fee all by itself. :thumbsup:.Mind you I watched it on Netflix.Lol