Name - Ruse

5 minutes ago, retep said:

Burials

Ruse -Alice Ann Sandercock - age 2 -3rd Feb 1881

Ruse -George -age 19m -5th Aug 1881

Thank you 

I did not know there was two deaths of children in the family .

Don't know if this information is of help or not but here are a few things I have found:

1873 John Ruse 25 married Susanna Wheeler, Launceston - Fathers names William Ruse (labourer)and John Wheeler (footman)

1881 census John Ruse 33 farm labourer, wife Susan Ruse 28, John Ruse 9, William Ruse 7, Emma Ruse 5, Mary Ruse 3, Richard Ruse 1 living in Launceston, Cornwall

1893 John Ruse dies aged 45 launceston

1891 John Ruse 19 coal miner born Launceston and Richard Ruse 12 coal miner born Launceston both lodgers living in High Green, Ecclesfield

1911 Richard Ruse 32 coal miner born cornwall wife Janet 30, children Jim 9, Richard 7, Abina 4 living in Pontefract

15 hours ago, OLDPARTS said:

Thank you , 

i thought he was born in the cornwall area  .

Quite certain his parents originated from down there and his father died at a early age .

His mother remarried , to my great grandfather .

Can I ask...what is the name of your great grandfather, that would then lead to the name of his mother.

8 hours ago, Fiat500 said:

Can I ask...what is the name of your great grandfather, that would then lead to the name of his mother.

My great grand father was william fox

9 hours ago, Fiat500 said:

Don't know if this information is of help or not but here are a few things I have found:

1873 John Ruse 25 married Susanna Wheeler, Launceston - Fathers names William Ruse (labourer)and John Wheeler (footman)

1881 census John Ruse 33 farm labourer, wife Susan Ruse 28, John Ruse 9, William Ruse 7, Emma Ruse 5, Mary Ruse 3, Richard Ruse 1 living in Launceston, Cornwall

1893 John Ruse dies aged 45 launceston

1891 John Ruse 19 coal miner born Launceston and Richard Ruse 12 coal miner born Launceston both lodgers living in High Green, Ecclesfield

1911 Richard Ruse 32 coal miner born cornwall wife Janet 30, children Jim 9, Richard 7, Abina 4 living in Pontefract

I believe John and Richard ruse were my grand fathers step brothers their mother was n.e Sandercock  and probably came from  Trewen  Cornwall ,    they may have been down as lodgers for some reason unknown ?

They all lived in the same house which still stands at chapeltown on sussex road which at the time may have been called white fields 

1891 census, Woodheads Row, Chapeltown, Ecclesfield, Yks.

William Fox,  35, coal miner, born Sheffield.

Mary Fox, 32, born Cornwall.

James Ruse, step-son, 15, coal miner, born HIgh Green, Yks.

Richard Ruse, step-son, 14, coal miner, born HIgh Green, Yks.

1891 census, 1891,  High Green, Chapeltown, Ecclesfield, Yks.

John Ruse, boarder, 19, coal miner, born Launceston, Cornwall.

Richard Ruse, boarder, 12, coal miner, born St. Thomas, Cornwall.

(Boarding with John Marshall born Plymouth and his wife Elizabeth Marshall, born St. Thomas, Cornwall.

Hi Oldparts

Is your great grandfather William Fox 1856- 1920 -  married Mary Ruse (nee Sandercock)?

That William Fox is my first cousin 3 times removed so we are related - albeit distantly.

I have a  tree for the Ruse and Fox family which I am happy to share with you.

Private message me for a chat

Regards

On 26/02/2019 at 10:46, Daven said:

Hi Oldparts

Is your great grandfather William Fox 1856- 1920 -  married Mary Ruse (nee Sandercock)?

That William Fox is my first cousin 3 times removed so we are related - albeit distantly.

I have a  tree for the Ruse and Fox family which I am happy to share with you.

Private message me for a chat

Regards

Hello Daven 

i have tried to private message you with out success 

Sorry. My inbox was full.

I've emptied it so you should be able to message me now.

I work odd hours so may not reply quickly.

Regards

Edited by Daven