Unqualified tv pundits

On 22/02/2019 at 17:26, petcharlie said:

May be you are right but what she said was so far of the radar she made her self look stupid.Any fan knows of Sharp who follows the Championship some one should have shut her up .I can not think of a player in the football league who would have made such a obvious blunder not knowing about a striker like Sharp and that is my point she has not been involved in league football and her ignorance of it was the reason she dropped such a howler.Every fan who supports any team in the Championship knows Sharp and they are not so called experts. She is getting paid to give her so called expert opinion which is badly lacking in knowledge of basic stuff.

He has scored in all divisions also (Our Billy I mean)

Clinton Morrison's on tonight,he's shocking.

Unqualified punditry …………. well it's blatantly obvious, regardless of varying degrees of ability and likeability within modern society, the world of TV punditry like most of the media and of course other places of work nowadays, it is all about ticking those diversity boxes, the best thing about it is you don't need to be highly qualified to be a football analyst/critic. I would rather listen to the likes of Clinton Morrison than Souness and co any day, most football supporters are capable of analysing a game they have watched without listening to all the overpaid waffle !

Edited by Michael_W

10 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Unqualified punditry …………. well it's blatantly obvious, regardless of varying degrees of ability and likeability within modern society, the world of TV punditry like most of the media and of course other places of work nowadays, it is all about ticking those diversity boxes, the best thing about it is you don't need to be highly qualified to be a football analyst/critic. I would rather listen to the likes of Clinton Morrison than Souness and co any day, most football supporters are capable of analysing a game they have watched without listening to all the overpaid waffle !

I agree on Clinton Morrison.

He comes across naturally and says what he sees or feels, without being sarcastic.

Would love to see him on MOTD 

Edited by Guest

On 06/11/2019 at 10:52, Michael_W said:

You don't need to be higly qualified to be a footballer.

However experience in and around the professional games always offers more insight than being an armchair supporter like myself.

People have opinions - i think Sharp isn't that much in reality, but then again i don't think much of  others such as Richarlison and Benteke, yet fans and managers keep paying millions for them. 

The likes of Bobby Zamora was always idolised by fans and rated for England call ups - yet his team players such as Danny Murphy wouldn't pick him for a pub team some weeks.