Jump to content

Unqualified tv pundits

Recommended Posts

Now before any body calls me sexiest in this P C world we now have, I assure you this is not meant to be so called sexiest but we have a so called football expert who as never kicked a ball in any of the football leagues top 6 divisions in their lives who says the blades have not got a goal scorer in their team.Now we do have a guy called Sharp  who with 14 games left to play has scored 22 goals up till now in the league he has also scored more goals than anybody else in the football league this century .How many more will he have to score before this person who is a so called expert who I have never heard of called Sue Smith who works for SKY call him a goal scorer.I do wish these television companies would have people who have played league football and been there and done it rather than some one that is there not for what they know  but because we do not want to upset anybody who is looking out for sexism on the box.For gods sake get some one on who knows what they are talking about and has actually experienced the Pro game at the top.If not I am free most Saturdays I have as much experience has she has of the pro soccer game and that is now't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't knock her footballing calibre really, she has more experience than a lot of these new pundits. 

 

Smith was a cracking player for the England women's national team and has been a huge part of the women's game as a whole.

 

Missing Sharp out of the equation does bewilder me though, crackers really. 

Edited by cmonkes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're certainly not the sexiest, but you're almost certainly sexist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Halibut said:

You're certainly not the sexiest, but you're almost certainly sexist.

How do you know I am not sexy🤣

18 hours ago, cmonkes said:

You can't knock her footballing calibre really, she has more experience than a lot of these new pundits. 

 

Smith was a cracking player for the England women's national team and has been a huge part of the women's game as a whole.

 

Missing Sharp out of the equation does bewilder me though, crackers really. 

She has not got an once of experience in the football leagues 1,2,Championship or the Prem .Just by the fact she has overlooked Sharp says everything about what she knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin Keown recently stated as Aguero was subbed off that it's rare to see him be taken off. The stats show he's been subbed in almost every game he's played this season, 17 out of 22 games I believe... It's just lazy from the "pundits" they do very little in the way of research. They're not interested in putting the time and effort to back up what they're saying. Thankfully, these days I've got little time towards the pundits, when I watch a game i'll watch the game and nothing more, I don't need a presenter and pundit to give their opinion on something I've just watched, I've made my own mind up on the game.

Edited by byeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, byeo said:

Martin Keown recently stated as Aguero was subbed off that it's rare to see him be taken off. The stats show he's been subbed in almost every game he's played this season, 17 out of 22 games I believe... It's just lazy from the "pundits" they do very little in the way of research. They're not interested in putting the time and effort to back up what they're saying. Thankfully, these days I've got little time towards the pundits, when I watch a game i'll watch the game and nothing more, I don't need a presenter and pundit to give their opinion on something I've just watched, I've made my own mind up on the game.

May be you are right but what she said was so far of the radar she made her self look stupid.Any fan knows of Sharp who follows the Championship some one should have shut her up .I can not think of a player in the football league who would have made such a obvious blunder not knowing about a striker like Sharp and that is my point she has not been involved in league football and her ignorance of it was the reason she dropped such a howler.Every fan who supports any team in the Championship knows Sharp and they are not so called experts. She is getting paid to give her so called expert opinion which is badly lacking in knowledge of basic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's quite refreshing have the women pundits on, gives a new dimension to things. Don't know about the incident you're talking about but Alex Scott is on her game, she knows she has to be to succeed and fair play to her, also I'd much rather listen to her that Jamie Carragher who I can't understand half of the time. It's not before time this monopoly of ex Premier League pundits was broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/02/2019 at 17:12, petcharlie said:

Now before any body calls me sexiest in this P C world we now have, I assure you this is not meant to be so called sexiest but we have a so called football expert who as never kicked a ball in any of the football leagues top 6 divisions in their lives who says the blades have not got a goal scorer in their team.Now we do have a guy called Sharp  who with 14 games left to play has scored 22 goals up till now in the league he has also scored more goals than anybody else in the football league this century .How many more will he have to score before this person who is a so called expert who I have never heard of called Sue Smith who works for SKY call him a goal scorer.I do wish these television companies would have people who have played league football and been there and done it rather than some one that is there not for what they know  but because we do not want to upset anybody who is looking out for sexism on the box.For gods sake get some one on who knows what they are talking about and has actually experienced the Pro game at the top.If not I am free most Saturdays I have as much experience has she has of the pro soccer game and that is now't.

I fully agree,  the fairer sex have crept into most media companies and think they are experts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2019 at 14:00, byeo said:

Martin Keown recently stated as Aguero was subbed off that it's rare to see him be taken off. The stats show he's been subbed in almost every game he's played this season, 17 out of 22 games I believe... It's just lazy from the "pundits" they do very little in the way of research. They're not interested in putting the time and effort to back up what they're saying. Thankfully, these days I've got little time towards the pundits, when I watch a game i'll watch the game and nothing more, I don't need a presenter and pundit to give their opinion on something I've just watched, I've made my own mind up on the game.

 The whole of football is now about stats, some of the games are spoilt by the endless rolling out of stats by commentators, the worst  commentators are Jonathan Pearce, awful!, Martin  Tyler, ditto, and worst of all Darren Fletcher, never stops with the endless  drivel of useless information,  lets get some new guys in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, pintor said:

 The whole of football is now about stats, some of the games are spoilt by the endless rolling out of stats by commentators, the worst  commentators are Jonathan Pearce, awful!, Martin  Tyler, ditto, and worst of all Darren Fletcher, never stops with the endless  drivel of useless information,  lets get some new guys in!

I agree with that but please I hope they new guys have the experience of actually playing league football .Some one who as been there and done it and knows what it is all about.Someone who might have heard of the highest goal scorer in the football league instead of someone who has not got a clue.She has no more experience of league football than me or you .Even if they got some one from league two who as played for say Grimsby surely they are more qualified than her at least they have been involved in league football.If you do not need any experience for the job I might apply and see how far I will get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`d say that the current women pundits are a class above most of their male counter-parts. Intelligent and insightful with a lot of league and international experience. Meanwhile we also get the likes of Paul Ince who struggles to verbally express himself coherently and Lawrenson who is acerbic and sarcastic, believing himself to be funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jemson said:

I`d say that the current women pundits are a class above most of their male counter-parts. Intelligent and insightful with a lot of league and international experience. Meanwhile we also get the likes of Paul Ince who struggles to verbally express himself coherently and Lawrenson who is acerbic and sarcastic, believing himself to be funny.

Add Henry,Crooks,Nicholas,Saunders,Hartson, Scholes etc, 😴, dont get me started on Mohamed!. Like the bbc, get your mate in a job, someone is actually selecting these people to be on tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.