Notice of assignment

I've inherited a property,  which I'm keeping.  I've submmitted all the necessary forms to the Land Registry to change the register and they have just confirmed that this is now complete.  The property is Leasehold and my understanding is that I now have to serve notice of the change in ownership to the Freeholder via a 'Notice of Assignment'. 

Can anyone advise me  whether there is a pro forma or standard wording/required information I have to use - or is it  just sufficient to simply write advising of the change (along with the required payment as specified in the Lease) and get them to acknowledge the change??

Thanks.

The obvious thing to do is write to the freeholder who should send you any forms they  use and probably a direct debit form.

And  attach  a copy of the new land registry title showing  transfer to your  name and give your contact address for any legal notice or ground rent demand.

On 24/02/2019 at 05:07, topflat29 said:

And  attach  a copy of the new land registry title showing  transfer to your  name and give your contact address for any legal notice or ground rent demand.

No, the HMLR entries are unnecessary.

There is no fixed (prescribed) form to use. Published formats can be downloaded or purchased in hard copy.

But NEVER pay more than the fee which the Lease states. Landlords (reversioners) often jack-up that figure but they have absolutely no legal entitlement to do so.