WBA v Blades

7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Oh yeah.....That none relevant game from 16 years ago, involving 11 completely different players and a completely different management team 😂😂

Might as well talk about that time when the Owls fans were that upset about getting beat, that they ran on the pitch and started to attack Crystal Palace players.....🙄 Yeah aexactly, holds about as much relevance.

You have to appreciate,  speedy69 and fellow Owls aren't feeling too good at the moment, so a little leeway and understanding wouldn't go amiss 

10 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Oh yeah.....That none relevant game from 16 years ago, involving 11 completely different players and a completely different management team 😂😂

Might as well talk about that time when the Owls fans were that upset about getting beat, that they ran on the pitch and started to attack Crystal Palace players.....🙄 Yeah aexactly, holds about as much relevance.

Doesn't bother me bud, just refreshing your memory as Unitedites have difficulty remembering stuff pre 2015 😂

This is a match thread about todays match.

Back on topic please.

18 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Quite exciting really!

As I said earlier, the biggest attacking threat in this league as far as I am concerned. Norwich score goals but they don't have the same cutting ability to turn defending into an attacking, before hitting the back of the net in half a dozen passes.  Gayle is back as well as he is a poacher and a half. 

But I still don't fear them IF we are on form. 

One thing is certain, Wilder doesn't go anywhere to defend and play for a draw. It is going to be very end to end at times. We need to make any possession that we get pay! Baldock, Bash and O'Connell are all back into the mix which is great because it means Enda can push on again and whip some balls into the box. 

Be interesting to see which two he goes for up top, a massive part of me tells me it will be Sharp and either Madine or McGoldrick. Although Madine bagged a couple last week, Wilder goes for common sense over sentiment and it doesn't automatically guarantee Madine a starting place. Whoever it is though out of the two, I expect a decent work rate from either so win/win. 

One way or the other! No draw on the cards here I don't think. If we play to the best of our ability the we are more than capable of turning West Brom over on their own patch. If we give the obvious threats even the slightest room to hurt us, then they will. 

Come on United!!

Yes it is a difficult one to predict if we are on form then yes we will come away with the points but anything under power and we will struggle.There is a lot of choices available to Wilder and it will be interesting to see which way he will go.Nobody deserves to be left out as they are all playing well and they all bring different assets to the squad .I could not guess who will start as the guys who came in for those who were missing last time out all played great and it will be upsetting for those who miss out.It's a nice problem to have but it comes with a lot of disappointment for those who  have to step down.

Very sporting of West Brom to give the blades a goal start

14 minutes ago, rogets said:

Very sporting of West Brom to give the blades a goal start

Don’t recall it being an own goal 

Massive win for united against a high scoring team.

Away win, clean sheet and a win against perhaps one of the best teams in the league

Edited by rogets

1 minute ago, rogets said:

Massive win for united against a high scoring team.

Away win, clean sheet and a win against perhaps one of the best teams in the league

Thanks for telling us

9 minutes ago, SomeNextGuy said:

What a result, brilliant Blades. 

I will second that,  best result of the season for me.

Good win against a team that will not be far away at the end of the season. All the players put a shift in, my man of the match would be Stevens

10 minutes ago, pintor said:

Good win against a team that will not be far away at the end of the season. All the players put a shift in, my man of the match would be Stevens

Yep - a great team performance. Hard to pick a MOM from that side. Just wonderful that CW has so many options to choose from.

Edited by Guest