Ask for Angela Scheme Sheffield

Has anybody heard of the Ask for Angela scheme and has it saved them from an incident? The South Yorkshire Police supposedly set up a campaign to spread awareness about it but I'm convinced that only a few bars in the city centre know about it. 

On 19/02/2019 at 14:20, YasminWaters said:

Has anybody heard of the Ask for Angela scheme and has it saved them from an incident? The South Yorkshire Police supposedly set up a campaign to spread awareness about it but I'm convinced that only a few bars in the city centre know about it. 

I think this is a countrywide campaign.  My local pub in Chesterfield has the posters displayed.

I think it is extremely bizarre. If both people, perp and victim,  involved know the "code" it renders it pointless.

5 minutes ago, philyyy said:

I think it is extremely bizarre. If both people, perp and victim,  involved know the "code" it renders it pointless.

No, not really.

40 minutes ago, Halibut said:

No, not really.

Very constructive. Well done.

10 minutes ago, philyyy said:

Very constructive. Well done.

Did you expect more? Though I suspect that the idea is that the party feeling that they need to use said service will excuse themselves for a moment and go to the bar, then ask out of earshot of the other.

You'd be rather worried if your date asked in front of you, after dinner when the bill turned up, wouldn't you? Especially if you've done nothing wrong and they just decided they don't like you. But on the whole it has to be a good thing.

All the Spoons do it.

waste of time i reckon, any woman would ask at the bar for help without having to look daft asking for Angela , are there any figures on how many times this has been done?

Guest makapaka
29 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

waste of time i reckon, any woman would ask at the bar for help without having to look daft asking for Angela , are there any figures on how many times this has been done?

If it's only been done once but it worked would you be against it?

Edited by makapaka