Council tax helpline waiting times

Just waited 35 minutes for the Capita run helpline, how can that be acceptable, I even selected the summons option to see if it was quicker!

Its the same with all the council phone in lines not just CT. Phoned them on several occasions and kept getting "sorry but due to high calls our waiting times are longer than expected". Cost me over £6 in calls to call them and in the end gave up.

15 hours ago, apelike said:

Its the same with all the council phone in lines not just CT. Phoned them on several occasions and kept getting "sorry but due to high calls our waiting times are longer than expected". Cost me over £6 in calls to call them and in the end gave up.

The whole system of being put on hold is wrong. As it used to be you rang up and if it was engaged you redialled untill you got through. In my experience this practice should be outlawed by government, though they are as bad as anybody.    Where I used to work we had a complaints line that went on to hold and played music and it was never answered all day, it just kept people on hold. They made a frortune from that.