Sign in to follow this  

Pine Media in S6,

I'm just in the process of ditching SKY ( after a ridiculous price increase) and looking for a reliable replacement. Not bothered about the TV as most of it is inane advert interspersed drivel anyway, and I can also ditch the landline as we mainly use mobiles nowadays. So, I see they have a 20mb Airfibre service which I'm seriously considering. Do any other Forumers use this service? Is the customer service ok? etc. Any thoughts / advice would be much appreciated.

Yes we've been with Pine for just over a year now, although we're in S35.

We use them as it's basically our only option, the speeds we could get via the landline are not worth bothering with.

They are pretty good I think. We had a few teething troubles as we were one of the first customers to use a new implementation of theirs, but they were ok at sorting it out and we had a lot of contact with the head guy (forgotten his name now), although did need a bit of prodding some times! I'd say having to contact a local bloke is better than ending up in Indian call centre hell, any day.

Things have been stable for a long while now with no issues and decent speeds.

We also don't bother with a landline and just use mobiles. You need to have a small dish installed on the outside of your house (there was a charge for this, I think it was somewhere around £100/£150 from memory) and you need to have line of sight with one of their installations to be able to use it.

Go to the Sky website and click "i want to cancel".

A couple of clicks and you get their 20Mb broadband at £20 a month again for a year.