Ecclesall Road in trouble

1 hour ago, bendix said:

Not much.  A smattering of overpriced boutiques, a FatFace and a White Stuff, a couple of electronic places, a shoe-repair shop, a few novelty shops selling presents etc, a smattering of charity shops, an M&S, Tesco and Sainsbury and a florist or two, as well as the usual convenience stores.  Oh, and a Boots.

Very much like the CE then, well known for having a Carrefour metro and a shoe repair shop just next door to the flagship store for Louis Vitton.

21 minutes ago, DnAuK said:

You forgot the chocolate shop, the party shop, the gunsmiths, the music shop, the  jewellery shop and the wedding shop.

But yeah, like 'literally' none :)

Okay, it has some.  But a Champs Elysees it isn't.

The list of shops reads like the average shopping street of a small market town.  Grocery stores, a single jewellers, a party shop...  So, a small selection of entirely average shopping.

Mowgli secures site for Sheffield restaurant
Mowgli, the Indian street food concept founded by Nisha Katona and backed by the Foresight Group, has secured a new site on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield, which plans to open in spring this year. Propel reports that the restaurant also operates two venues in Liverpool as well as ones in Birmingham, Oxford, Nottingham, Manchester Corn Exchange and most recently Manchester’s University Green development on Oxford Road. Further openings are planned for Leicester and Cardiff this year, as well as suggestions of a launch in Preston.

On 26/02/2019 at 11:28, lil-minx92 said:

Mowgli secures site for Sheffield restaurant
Mowgli, the Indian street food concept founded by Nisha Katona and backed by the Foresight Group, has secured a new site on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield, which plans to open in spring this year. Propel reports that the restaurant also operates two venues in Liverpool as well as ones in Birmingham, Oxford, Nottingham, Manchester Corn Exchange and most recently Manchester’s University Green development on Oxford Road. Further openings are planned for Leicester and Cardiff this year, as well as suggestions of a launch in Preston.

Shopfitters outside Cat's Pyjamas this morning, so maybe that's the location. 

Also shopfitters at old Veeno site.

I'm sure I read that Sinclairs  are moving to Ecclesall Road from West Street.

2 hours ago, kaytie said:

I'm sure I read that Sinclairs  are moving to Ecclesall Road from West Street.

I've read the same, and there was some discussion in another thread about it. Don't know where though.

On 25/02/2019 at 13:01, Cyclone said:

Very much like the CE then, well known for having a Carrefour metro and a shoe repair shop just next door to the flagship store for Louis Vitton.

Okay, it has some.  But a Champs Elysees it isn't.

The list of shops reads like the average shopping street of a small market town.  Grocery stores, a single jewellers, a party shop...  So, a small selection of entirely average shopping.

ok so champs Elysee was probably tongue in cheek and referred to it a good few years ago, when the like of Rob Bradys etc etc were in situ, but its still a focal point for the better end of sheffield, m&s, new bars, new restaurants, jewellers, gunsmiths, designer clothing, beauty lounges, gents hair, artists and galleries.....hardly the same as woodseats or Hillsborough.

3 hours ago, neworderishere said:

ok so champs Elysee was probably tongue in cheek and referred to it a good few years ago, when the like of Rob Bradys etc etc were in situ, but its still a focal point for the better end of sheffield, m&s, new bars, new restaurants, jewellers, gunsmiths, designer clothing, beauty lounges, gents hair, artists and galleries.....hardly the same as woodseats or Hillsborough.

Yes, Robert Brady menswear, bit pricey tho'. (Was it near the Nursery ?)

18 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Yes, Robert Brady menswear, bit pricey tho'. (Was it near the Nursery ?)

it was where Champs used to be which is now the cowshed i think, yes it was pricey but it was quality stuff, Paul & Shark, Lacoste etc before the football hooligans got hold of the brands and some very nice niche brands. they were one of the first to get Ralph Lauren stuff back in the very early 80s. Rob and his wife were always the perfect hosts, they then moved to the old bank which is now Baan Thai at the bottom of ecclesall road, i think Rob Brady still owns it.

Edited by neworderishere

On 01/03/2019 at 14:03, neworderishere said:

It's not an out of town suburb though like Woodseats or Hillsborough.

1 hour ago, Cyclone said:

It's not an out of town suburb though like Woodseats or Hillsborough.

Hunters bar , Banner cross, Lower Ecclesall not suburbs?? really? town ends at the bottom of the moor as far as i can see?

2 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

Hunters bar , Banner cross, Lower Ecclesall not suburbs?? really? town ends at the bottom of the moor as far as i can see?

That's an interesting point. Where exactly does 'Town' end, in any given direction?

I always thought Town ended at the bottom of the moor,  and further up at the end of Glossop road, at the other end once you passed over Lady's Bridge and onto the wicker you were out of town?