Good areas to buy near city centre?

Hi! 

I currently live in Kelham Island in a 1 bedroom flat that I rent with my partner and we don't know any other parts of Sheffield since neither of us are from around here. We are looking to buy a house in a nice area, preferably close to transport links to city centre. Our budget is £140k max (sadly). Could you guys recommend good areas to live? Family friendly preferably since we would like to have kids within the next couple of years. 

Thank you!

Edited by Beanie111

Page Hall. Money will go a long way,

140k won't get you a house in the "nice" parts of the city near the centre that are popular with young professionals (Nether Edge, Meersbrook, Greystones, Sharrow Vale, Crookes, Walkley) unless you get a real doer upper. You might find something in the slightly cheaper Heeley (although the average price for a terrace is 161k and rising quickly or in slighter cheaper still Hillsborough where the average price for a terrace is 151k and is probably the least  fashionable of the areas mentioned). How about the area around Norfolk Park/Granville Road? It's close to the city centre and even though it can be a bit sketchy, the average price for a terrace is 131k. In  its nicer parts it's got some amazing roads (have a nosey at Norfolk Road - in my opinion it has some of the nicest houses in the city). I could see this area being the next "up and coming" area.

You could also look at Hillsborough and Middlewood. The tram makes a trip to the city centre seem quite short.  

Hi! I’m looking for a house to buy and I’ve seen two nice houses in Hansworth. It looks okay but I was wondering if you could give tell me if it’s a nice place to live? Is it safe? 

One of the houses is on Halesworth Road and the other one is on houstead road. 

Thank you!! 

2 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Halesworth is the nicer of the two

Whats the area like if you wouldn't mind me asking ? 

:)

1 minute ago, Beanie111 said:

Whats the area like if you wouldn't mind me asking ? 

:)

It depends what you're looking for from an area?

16 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

It depends what you're looking for from an area?

just if its safe and family friendly?

1 hour ago, Beanie111 said:

just if its safe and family friendly?

As far as I'm aware it's fine on that part