BBC Producer Says Footage from 2018 "Chemical Attack" In Syria, Was Staged

BBC producer in Syria revealed today that after a six month investigation he has no doubt that the footage used in the 2018 "chemical attack" in Douma, Syria, was staged.

Read the full article, here: 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-14/bbc-shocks-douma-gas-attack-scene-staged-producer-says-after-6-month-syria

Edited by FormerSheff
correction

If that is true then how can we ever believe any thing that we are told by our Western Governments again ,sadly our own must have known what was going on . 

You've deliberately selectively quoted to create a misleading impression. He doesn't claim the attack was staged. Try reading what he actually said.

If a BBC employee is claiming this, then why is the BBC not plastering it all over their news sources and claiming some sort of exclusivity? 

6 hours ago, altus said:

You've deliberately selectively quoted to create a misleading impression. He doesn't claim the attack was staged. Try reading what he actually said.

I didn't deliberately select a quote to mislead. See my reply in post No.13.

Edited by FormerSheff

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Zerohedge.com - Propagator of conspiracy theories and misinformation. Sympathetic to the Russian government :roll:

https://api.newsguardtech.com/1B10A8FE3FE38166041EF99B6BDE6C3DBB841FCEEEDFD4175C9CAF9BCEAB07ABCF99012502C3C4DCAEEB5CE0D52E57448BE7BF0BD3B1BB9A

Well, in regard to NewsGuardTech, you may want to read this:

http://www.niemanlab.org/2018/08/newsguard-considers-fox-news-a-healthy-part-of-your-news-diet/

Although I don't need someone to be the arbiter what news sites I should trust or not. What's to safeguard that the people behind NewsGuardTech also don't have their own agenda or bias?  (I'll judge for myself each news story, on it's own merits, thanks)

But that aside . .

Posting a link to a site that 'guards' people from fake news, which happens to find some problem with the Zerohedge website, doesn't 'debunk' this specific story.  If you find there's some particular fault with it, then by all means do that, citing something specific from the article.

Edited by FormerSheff

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

If a BBC employee is claiming this, then why is the BBC not plastering it all over their news sources and claiming some sort of exclusivity? 

Just to clarify, Riam Dalati's twitter page, which he has since made private, can be found here on the way back machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190214082919/https:/twitter.com/Dalatrm

As you can see, he does state that he is a 'BBC Syria Producer' 

As to why the BBC aren't "plastering it all over their news sources and claiming some sort of exclusivity? 

It could be because back in April of last year, when this attack happened, the UK Government described Russia's and Syria's claims that the chemical attack scenes were staged, as a 'Stunt" (even though now Riam Dalati's claims seem to back-up what Russia & Syria were saying all along), the BBC, along with other mainstream media outlets (see the ITV video below for instance), fell in line with the government view on this. So why would they now be eager to 'break a story' that goes against their original position? If anything, they'd want to keep quiet, and let it pass unnoticed.

Edited by FormerSheff

It is interesting to note how many people SWEAR BY the mainstream media proving they trust unconditionally and thus are apt to dismiss ANYTHING that veers from what the official mouthpiece from  THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH states.    

It proves how easy it is to brainwash, or condition people, without them realising it is happening, which is a trait shared with zealots and of course fanatical groups who follow the official line come what may.   It proves that such fixed conservative mindsets are generally impossible to change, as it would undermine personal confidence.

Critical thinking is thus for many to be outside of their comfort zone, and will often make PERSONALISED short curt even abusive remarks dismissing the idea out of hand, proving that EMPTY VELLLES MAKE THE MOST NOISE. 

They are not interested in information or verifiable evidence, as personal opinion TRUMPS IT ALL!

Is Sheffield Forum listed on some crackpot website as a place for people to join up to to spread this sort of 'news'?

1 hour ago, the_bloke said:

Is Sheffield Forum listed on some crackpot website as a place for people to join up to to spread this sort of 'news'?

I joined this forum yesterday, because I used to live in Sheffield years ago, and had an enquiry that I thought might be answered in another thread. I then saw an interesting thread about what's taking place in Venezuela that I contributed to. Today I saw this news, and finding it interesting, I thought I'd share it here.  I didn't see Sheffield Forum listed on some "crackpot site' 

1 hour ago, justinelle said:

It is interesting to note how many people SWEAR BY the mainstream media proving they trust unconditionally and thus are apt to dismiss ANYTHING that veers from what the official mouthpiece from  THE MINISTRY OF TRUTH states.    

It proves how easy it is to brainwash, or condition people, without them realising it is happening, which is a trait shared with zealots and of course fanatical groups who follow the official line come what may.   It proves that such fixed conservative mindsets are generally impossible to change, as it would undermine personal confidence.

Critical thinking is thus for many to be outside of their comfort zone, and will often make PERSONALISED short curt even abusive remarks dismissing the idea out of hand, proving that EMPTY VELLLES MAKE THE MOST NOISE. 

They are not interested in information or verifiable evidence, as personal opinion TRUMPS IT ALL!

Very true. Did you ever watch Robert Stuart's analysis of the BBC Panorama programme from 2013, called "Saving Syria's Children' ?  

Edited by FormerSheff

3 hours ago, FormerSheff said:

Well, in regard to NewsGuardTech, you may want to read this:

http://www.niemanlab.org/2018/08/newsguard-considers-fox-news-a-healthy-part-of-your-news-diet/

The irony, given the below.

Although I don't need someone to be the arbiter what news sites I should trust or not. What's to safeguard that the people behind NewsGuardTech also don't have their own agenda or bias?  (I'll judge for myself each news story, on it's own merits, thanks)

Because you didn't attempt to even try to debunk anything newsguard said, instead resorting to the same whataboutery that you just condemned :hihi:

As it happens, I did a fairly decent search re: zerohedge, newsguards assessment. doesn't seem unreasonable.

The founder describes it's political stance as "Russia=good. Obama=idiot. Bashar al-Assad=benevolent leader. John Kerry= dunce. Vladimir Putin=greatest leader in the history of statecraft":?

Posting a link to a site that 'guards' people from fake news, which happens to find some problem with the Zerohedge website, doesn't 'debunk' this specific story.  If you find there's some particular fault with it, then by all means do that, citing something specific from the article.

Well, for a start, the title "BBC Producer Says 2018 "Chemical Attack" In Syria, was staged" isn't remotely true. He specifically states that the attack DID happen, but that the hospital scene was staged, so you're already muddying the waters and conflating one thing with another.

I'm not making any judgement about the story other than, given zerohedge's reputation and your miss-characterisation of it in the title, it's possibly not as they/you claim.

If it is true, the "so called" evidence in this proof will appear at some point and it'll get picked up by someone with an actual reputation to lose if they're wrong.

Then I'll give it some credence.

Edited by Magilla