Valentine Days .

My other half has been looking at me all gooi eyed toneet and set me wondering whats up .

Then it clicked , "Trevor and Mavis have booked int Weathers tomorrow " said she , "What for" said me , "because its <removed> valentines day " ses she. " Oh is it" ses I.

So this has set me thinking ,This Valentine lark , int it supposed to be when  tha fancies some body from opposite sex and lets them know in secret by sending them a card or a bunch of flowers with "guess who " written in real writing .

This is supposed to get your secret crush going all gooie and hoping its from that Brad Pitt look a like next door but two. 

Or as it all changed ,Does every Tom ,Dick and Harriet now have to swap spit on this day wi there other half , Do they now have to prove their un die ing love wi even more cards .

Cards for this day that day and all sorts of other dropped on us days that usually started in America int last ten or fifteen years .

She's not talking.

Edited by nikki-red

You need to get down to Cupid Stunts valentines shop and get a card sharpish !

My wife and I don't bother with it - knowing as we do that there's far more to love and marriage than cheesy cards, sickly chocolates and fancy overpriced meals.

34 minutes ago, Halibut said:

My wife and I don't bother with it - knowing as we do that there's far more to love and marriage than cheesy cards, sickly chocolates and fancy overpriced meals.

oooh arnt you a bundle of fun? live a little get out of your bubble😈

On 14/02/2019 at 07:39, Halibut said:

Yes me/us too.....even on my wifes birthday i always ask if she would like a card or a fiver  (now a tenner/inflation)....as i would rather give her the money than someone else......she always agree's

On 14/02/2019 at 08:15, neworderishere said:

oooh arnt you a bundle of fun? live a little get out of your bubble😈

Errm that includes me too :D.....although, we first met just after her 16th birthday..she is 68 in May,still together,married 49 years in June.....must be doing something right ;)

What harm can it do to spread the love? ❤️ 

The world in general is in a bit of chaos so why not celebrate a bit of happiness with a loved one? 

It doesn't matter if your 21 or 71

And me and the missus make our cards, just to save a few quid!!

Does it really matter if the couples involved are of the same opinion ?

A friend of mine was sent a text saying that if she really wanted some flowers and a meal on Valentines she should just say so , instead of doing it days later(which they had discussed). Now the romantic and spontaneous parts of me would have at least presented her with a card on the day as she had obviously acknowledged that it is an occasion in her mind.(they are a "courting" couple full of young love

I presented my partner of 40 years with a gift in a bag covered in hearts, as i buy her gifts most weeks the only additional cost for me was a card. I prepared her a meal (as i do most nights) with the only additional romantic addition being that i made heart shaped panna cotta.

My Mrs had a long, busy day at work on Valentines day, and wasn't going to be back 'til late.

So, as a special treat, just before she got home, I set the hot water running, and put in some bubblies.

That way everything would be ready for her to do the pots when she got in 💓💓❤️

Just now, woodview said:

My Mrs had a long, busy day at work on Valentines day, and wasn't going to be back 'til late.

So, as a special treat, just before she got home, I set the hot water running, and put in some bubblies.

That way everything would be ready for her to do the pots when she got in 💓💓❤️

I don't know whether to laugh or send her on a spa weekend on your behalf!! 🍷🍷🍷

2 minutes ago, Shunter said:

I don't know whether to laugh or send her on a spa weekend on your behalf!! 🍷🍷🍷

You could come and visit me in A+E 😁

Just now, woodview said:

You could come and visit me in A+E 😁

That would be quite possible if Mrs W reads your post 🤣🤣

I say to the Ladies,  Chocholates,  Meals out and cards is all a bit of an expense.  So save your money and get me nice Xmas present instead.  :hihi::hihi: