Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Because she has no other citizenship to fall back on.

She does. She holds dual nationality as a Bangladesh national. Just because Bangladesh have refused to go and get her, doesn't mean she doesn't hold nationality. 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

She does. She holds dual nationality as a Bangladesh national. Just because Bangladesh have refused to go and get her, doesn't mean she doesn't hold nationality. 

Not true. 

Not true. 

Care to demonstrate?

She may well win her appeal but her argument would most likely be on human rights grounds not being rendered stateless. I'm fairly sure that the home secretary will be advised by advisors and lawyers whom wouldn't advise him to revoke citizenship knowing it would be an illegal act.

Also, begum may not hold a Bangladesh passport but if she remains eligible for Bangladesh nationality she would not be rendered stateless. And she is likely to be eligible through her parents. 

As an aside, International Lawyers are divided on the issue so you can't say with certainty that she is stateless. And I'm sure Lawyers and the Home Office are more informed than you and Google

11 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Care to demonstrate?

No, that's your job. You made the assertion, the burden lies with you, that's the way it works.

No, that's your job. You made the assertion, the burden lies with you, that's the way it works.

You are so predictable. As my previous post given that international lawyers are divided on the issue neither one of us are correct

32 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He'll end up having been found to have broken international law in leaving Ms Begum stateless, mark my words.

Tony Blair broke international laws and got away with it. 

Edited by danot

1 minute ago, danot said:

Tony Blair broke international laws and got away with it. 

Great, that's alright then.😐

40 minutes ago, Halibut said:

He'll end up having been found to have broken international law in leaving Ms Begum stateless, mark my words.

Conversely he could end up been seen as the man who stood his ground and put the safety of the UK and the general public at the forefront.

49 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Not true. 

She qualifies for Bangladesh through her mother. so she isnt stateless . 

Also she qualifies for Dutch citizenship through her terrorist husband. 

Edited by Penistone999

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

-+Great, that's alright then.😐

This bird went  to join terrorists , yet decided to have THREE babies in a hellhole that dosnt have any medical help or hospitals . she alone is to blame for allowing herself to get pregnant THREE  times knowing her babies could not get the medical care they would need . As sad as it is three babies have died, she has no one to blame for her situation but herself. 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

This bird went  to join terrorists , yet decided to have THREE babies in a hellhole that dosnt have any medical help or hospitals . she alone is to blame for allowing herself to get pregnant THREE  times knowing her babies could not get the medical care they would need . As sad as it is three babies have died, she has no one to blame for her situation but herself. 

I think you'll find a man involved in the process somewhere.