Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

Heard her interviewed this morning; no apology or contrition that she made anything other than the correct decision  a few years ago to leave the UK & her family behind to go to Syria & join IS. 

It's also telling in the terminology that she chooses, that she considers one of her friends who went with her, who is now dead, she considers to be a martyr.  Also the blasè nonchalant attitude when asked if she'd witnessed any executions.  She hadn't but had seen a severed head in a bin!  No 'Big deal' apparently. 

Let's face it. If IS still commanded the territory & was still carrying out its murderous practices on those people who didn't fit its philosophy as it did when she first went to Syria, she'd be still there supporting them. 

Hopefully the authorities here won't be swayed by sob stories?  Leave her where she is.  She should realise that all actions have consequences & hopefully her's will be to live far away from the UK & to think of the life she could have had here? 

Edited by Baron99

She should be allowed back. Other British criminals are extradited back to Britain. Why is she any different. Bring her back and she can go on trial here. I believe we did that with Gary Glitter and his crimes were as evil as it gets.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I take it your user name is meant as a joke!

How on earth is it being an apologist to point out the similarites between the appeal of one deluded fantasy (I'm going to meet my popstar and he's going to marry me) and another deluded fantasy (I'm going to this wonderful new state and am going to marry an ISIS fighter) to a naive 15 year old girl and her mates.

And by the way, that camp where she is in Syria is chock full of ex-ISIS fighters and spies. Anyone trying to draw any conclusions from what she says and how she says it to a Western journalist within earshot of these people, is just demonstrating that they have very little understanding of what is going on.

Does it really need pointing out that the former ‘deluded fantasy’ doesn’t have anything to do with killing people, whereas the latter has rather more sinister associations? Most of us have had a crush on a pop star and have made stupid mistakes as a teenager, but thankfully most of us haven’t wanted to witness beheadings of people with different beliefs. 

23 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

She should be allowed back. Other British criminals are extradited back to Britain. Why is she any different. Bring her back and she can go on trial here. I believe we did that with Gary Glitter and his crimes were as evil as it gets.

There will be an investigation, lets not be presumptuous.

47 minutes ago, redruby said:

Does it really need pointing out that the former ‘deluded fantasy’ doesn’t have anything to do with killing people, whereas the latter has rather more sinister associations? Most of us have had a crush on a pop star and have made stupid mistakes as a teenager, but thankfully most of us haven’t wanted to witness beheadings of people with different beliefs. 

Hear, hear. Saved me the effort of a reply.

1 hour ago, redruby said:

Does it really need pointing out that the former ‘deluded fantasy’ doesn’t have anything to do with killing people, whereas the latter has rather more sinister associations? 

Has anyone said that it is?

15 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Sorry if its already been mentioned, and it is really trivial in the scheme of things, but can you even fly at 9 months pregnant? Im pretty sure all airlines have a cut off point.

I find it a bit strange that she would leave it so late into her pregnancy to decide she wants UK medical treatment.

Apparently, her husband has not been seen since he has reportedly surrendered to authorities two weeks ago. 

Seen a clip of Katie Hopkins talking about this girl and I think Katie speaks for most of us when she says what she says 👍

She wasn't fazed by seeing the heads of victims in bins I'm not fazed by her predicament. Leave her to rot in the hell she and the rest of ISIS have helped to create. If something can be done for the baby when it's born that would be good.

Edited by hobinfoot

9 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

She wasn't fazed by seeing the heads of victims in bins I'm not fazed by her predicament. Leave her to rot in the hell she and the rest of ISIS have helped to create. If something can be done for the baby when it's born that would be good.

Has it occurred to you to ask why she wasn't fazed by that horrific spectacle? Has it occurred to you that she was a child when she was groomed into going to Syria?

18 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Has it occurred to you to ask why she wasn't fazed by that horrific spectacle? Has it occurred to you that she was a child when she was groomed into going to Syria?

Yet as an adult she's totally unrepentant.

24 minutes ago, Halibut said:

She's not a child now and appears to still not give a hiss about any of it. Wasn't fazed before and still not fazed afterwards.

Edited by Shunter