Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

Just to clarify, was part of the issue the work required to get her home? If she turned up at an airport, would she have been let back in, or did she need help getting back?

Whatever the answer, I believe that she should have been allowed to come back and to go right to prison like other criminals. 

2 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Sad that the child has died but the mother is ultimately responsible for creating this situation, nobody else, shameful but typical that Dianne Abbot is trying to politically point score on this issue.

She's totally to blame for the death of each of her children. She made a conscious decision to flee Britain and voluntarily offer herself as an Isis bride to bear the next generation of Isis fighters.

She took herself to a war torn region for goodness sake.  Why anyone would choose such an environment to bring new life into the world is beyond me.  What type of mother does that?  Would anyone sympathise with her if her irresponsible behaviour resulted in her having three miscarriages? 

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

She's traumatised, having lived in a war zone for several years.

Yet oddly you don't complain about Sajid Javed, who rendered miss Begum stateless and whose office fobbed off pleas for help from her family.

I have no sympathy what so ever for this Beggam bird. She brought this on herself and should never be allowed to set foot in Blighty ever again. She is a terrorist ,and only terrorist sympathisers would argue for her to be allowed back into the UK. 

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:

I have no sympathy what so ever for this Beggam bird. She brought this on herself and should never be allowed to set foot in Blighty ever again. She is a terrorist ,and only terrorist sympathisers would argue for her to be allowed back into the UK. 

When I read your posts, an image of a northern Alf Garnett pops into my mind. Im not sure why...

The way I see it is simple, Shamima Begum lost her right to British citizenship the moment she walked into Syria. 

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Blunt and straight to the point..well said Penny.

3 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

How low can Labour stoop. Now they are blaming her baby`s death on the Government. Pathetic. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47506145

Labour's new weapon of mass distraction.

57 minutes ago, Duncan 61 said:

The way I see it is simple, Shamima Begum lost her right to British citizenship the moment she walked into Syria. 

Agree totally and now the child sadly is no more there's no reason to even contemplate accepting her back.    Made her bed so now should lie in it. 

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

How low can Labour stoop. Now they are blaming her baby`s death on the Government. Pathetic. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47506145

Desperate move that's all.

I don't think many people listen to the mathematical genius Diane Abbott. 

10 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

Any death is sad, people political point scoring on the back of it is sadder.

This^

10 hours ago, blake said:

no it wasn't. At the time of its birth neither of its parents were British. It might have become British later on in its life, but at the time it died, the child wasn't British.  The child wasn't any nationality. It was a stateless person, or in this case, a stateless baby.  

somebody, somewhere, has to decide whether somebody else is a British subject. Nobody gets it 100% automatically.  Of course if you're born in Britain and both your parents have valid British passports that haven't been cancelled, it is pretty much a slam dunk that you're British, but you're not totally 100% you are until you apply for a passport yourself. 

The Home Secretary Himself confirmed that the baby was a British Citizen.

7 hours ago, K1Machine said:

I cant believe some of the bickering and nit picking on this thread.

Remember an innocent baby has died. This kid did no harm to anyone regardless of who his mum was.

RIP little fella.

This ^ and RIP all the others blameless innocents.

12 hours ago, Halibut said:

Del Babu, former Met Police Chief Superintendent said -    "We've failed, as a country, to safeguard the child.

"This was an entirely avoidable death of a British citizen. The family reached out to the Home Office, requested help, the Home Office sent a reply saying you've come to the wrong department.

"There was no attempt to help by the Home Office. I think it's shocking how the home secretary has treated this situation."

Diane Abbot, shadow home secretary tweeted  "It is against international law to make someone stateless, and now an innocent child has died as a result of a British woman being stripped of her citizenship. This is callous and inhumane."

I agree with Del and Diane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47500387

The child's life was of no import. It never was.

The buck does stop with Javid on this one.

9 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

This^

The Home Secretary Himself confirmed that the baby was a British Citizen.

This ^ and RIP all the others blameless innocents.

The child's life was of no import. It never was.

The buck does stop with Javid on this one.

Three kids, all dead within five years. 

Sajid Javid has simply put the welfare of this nation first. Personally,  I'd expect nothing less, he has a duty to protect the British public and the interests of this nation . 

But, I accept that the baby's death most probably was preventable.  If only the heavily pregnant Begum hadn't been so wrapped-up in her own welfare and dire situation when she was interviewed. if only she had expressed a flicker of remorse, or felt the slightest bit of sympathy for the countless victims slaughtered by Isis (Manchester bombing comparison she made)  rather than telling the UK that she's the one being victimised,  that she's the one who deserves our sympathy. If only her unborn baby had been her number one priority, if only she'd offered to give it up when  Sajid Javid presented the opportunity instead of gambling with its life in order to blackmail Sajid Javid and secure her return to Britain, he might have had something to answer for.  

Edited by danot