Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You still seem to be struggling with straightforward posts.

Do you not see even a tiny bit of irony in posters saying that she should be executed if she returns while others say that our way of thinking is 'live and let live'?

I'm not struggling with anything, and I don't agree with whoever said she should be executed. There are lots of posters on here, with lots of differing opinions you know.

My actual post, if you're bothered, was commenting on:

IS sympathisers dont think like 'normal' people. They cant be educated around to our way of thinking.

TC: What on earth is ‘our way of thinking’? 🤨

I was telling you that 'normal' people don't think beheading people of differing religious views is ok. That is 'our way of thinking' .

Sorry if that com,es across as struggling with straightforward posts. 🙄

16 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I find it a bit strange that she would leave it so late into her pregnancy to decide she wants UK medical treatment.

I'm not sure that she has decided anything.

She was discovered by accident when a journalist hear a London accent in a refugee camp and decided to interview her. If he hadn't done, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I'm not sure that she has decided anything.

She was discovered by accident when a journalist hear a London accent in a refugee camp and decided to interview her. If he hadn't done, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Until she got back............

23 minutes ago, blackhill said:

Let them rot in hell. That's what I say. UK was not good enough for them. Now they want pity.  

She wont get any sympathy from me. Let her rot in Syria. She made the choice to go there to join people trying to kill us and our way of life. 

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

She wont get any sympathy from me. Let her rot in Syria. She made the choice to go there to join people trying to kill us and our way of life. 

As I understand it, she was living in the UK, and was 'groomed' by a young man in another country who brainwashed her with extreme views and the promise of happiness.

These days living in a different country hardly matters, we travel from country to country for work, holidays, weddings,  shopping .......

Back in the day, girls would have done the same for the Beatles or Tom Jones.

She's keeping her head whilst others are losing thiers, so she'll be taller than some of the others 😂

Seriously we gave her the opportunity of a comfortable life, probably even more than our own and and she chose to go off to join IS, nobody made her, leave her where she is!

Wish her well then thanks but no thanks. :banana:

13 minutes ago, El Cid said:

As I understand it, she was living in the UK, and was 'groomed' by a young man in another country who brainwashed her with extreme views and the promise of happiness.

These days living in a different country hardly matters, we travel from country to country for work, holidays, weddings,  shopping .......

Back in the day, girls would have done the same for the Beatles or Tom Jones.

Wow. You're comparing being besotted by popstars to being besotted by terrorists? You're an apologist 

In 2015 three 15 years old schoolgirls left this country to join ISIS. One of them is now dead, one apparently was still alive a few weeks ago  and this heavily pregnant young lady believes its in the best interest of her baby to come back to the UK.The recording clearly stated that she had seen the decapitated heads in a bin which did not faze her and in my opinion her voice never faltered,no remorse ,nothing. She stated that she had nothing to do with this or anything similar.Obviously sympathy would have dissolved totally had she said she had been involved in any  killings . I daresay that she has done what she was told that she had to do over the last few years,she has continued to have babies and now ISIS are on the run the UK looks a good option.Nah,leave her where she is.She made a decision regardless of her age and she got it wrong .Bringing her back would be a costly liability

18 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

You're comparing being besotted by popstars to being besotted by terrorists? You're an apologist 

I take it your user name is meant as a joke!

How on earth is it being an apologist to point out the similarites between the appeal of one deluded fantasy (I'm going to meet my popstar and he's going to marry me) and another deluded fantasy (I'm going to this wonderful new state and am going to marry an ISIS fighter) to a naive 15 year old girl and her mates.

And by the way, that camp where she is in Syria is chock full of ex-ISIS fighters and spies. Anyone trying to draw any conclusions from what she says and how she says it to a Western journalist within earshot of these people, is just demonstrating that they have very little understanding of what is going on.

The Government should do the decent thing, fly the whole family out to be reunited with her.

She will be allowed to return. Assuming she has baby before her return, the baby will be British. The UK will be obligated to return the child with mother. I would imagine mother will be prosecuted and baby handed to social services with responsibility possibly given to grandparents. 

She's British and it's against international law to render someone stateless. Though it's interesting to read that the UK aren't prepared to get her out of Syria. So it's her job to try and get out.