Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

36 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Probably none herself but she joined IS knowing full well what they were doing and that makes her guilty.

What about the wives of murders in our jails today in the UK, are they responsible for their husbands crimes too?

9 minutes ago, El Cid said:

What about the wives of murders in our jails today in the UK, are they responsible for their husbands crimes too?

How can you equate the two?

Begum willingly left the UK to join ISIS as a bride of one of their fighters.

She may not physically have killed anyone, but she clearly agrees with what ISIS did. She openly stated the Manchester bombings were justified.

And who knows what she has done or agreed with whilst being this bride in a war zone.

Edited by Guest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b6m9k6

850 people have travelled from the UK to support or fight for terror groups in Syria and Iraq. 425 have returned. The majority have not been prosecuted. 

So why are so many on here shouting about Shamima Begum who left as a 15 yr old teenager and as far as we know has not killed anyone.  She made a big mistake in going there  but I would like to think if it was my daughter some compassion would be shown.

32 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I doubt many of the wives of the men in jail in the U.K. For murder knew about their crimes. The women who married IS fighters knew what their husbands were doing. Shamima said she had witnessed be headings and the  heads in bins and wasn't fazed by it. This makes her and others like her different from the women and families of men who are in jail in the U.K.

Edited by hobinfoot

8 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b6m9k6

850 people have travelled from the UK to support or fight for terror groups in Syria and Iraq. 425 have returned. The majority have not been prosecuted. 

So why are so many on here shouting about Shamima Begum who left as a 15 yr old teenager and as far as we know has not killed anyone.  She made a big mistake in going there  but I would like to think if it was my daughter some compassion would be shown.

She put herself in the media spotlight expecting the UK to come and pull her to safety whilst showing no remorse for her actions. 

Maybe she would've been shown more compassion if she had denounced her actions and those of ISIS

4 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

She is a terrorist . And as such should never be allowed to set foot in this country again. As i posted last night, only terrorist sympathisers would call for her to be allowed to return. 

What does that make the Queen  ? https://www.itv.com/news/2017-03-21/when-martin-mcguinness-met-the-queen-the-once-unthinkable-handshake-hailed-around-the-world

11 minutes ago, Delayed said:

She put herself in the media spotlight expecting the UK to come and pull her to safety whilst showing no remorse for her actions. 

Maybe she would've been shown more compassion if she had denounced her actions and those of ISIS

She put herself in the media when she and her two schoolgirl  friends travelled to Syria 4 years ago after being groomed and brainwashed.  In March 2015 Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the then commissioner of the Metropolitan police, announced that if the three Bethnal Green girls returned home they would be treated as victims and would not face prosecution. Hogan-Howe was a policeman, it was his part of his job to make decisions on who should be prosecuted.

Javid  has  shown how tough he can be on schoolgirls.  Our Home Secretary would have more credibility if he acted just as tough against grown men who enter our country illegally via small boats or in the back of lorries.

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

She put herself in the media when she and her two schoolgirl  friends travelled to Syria 4 years ago after being groomed and brainwashed.  In March 2015 Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the then commissioner of the Metropolitan police, announced that if the three Bethnal Green girls returned home they would be treated as victims and would not face prosecution. Hogan-Howe was a policeman, it was his part of his job to make decisions on who should be prosecuted.

Javid  has  shown how tough he can be on schoolgirls.  Our Home Secretary would have more credibility if he acted just as tough against grown men who enter our country illegally via small boats or in the back of lorries.

But Hogan Howe was wanting them to return home asap when they were still young and without children. In which case it would've been right to treat them. But as we know she decided to stay there into adulthood, bear 3 children and sympathise with a terrorist group. 

How does Javid know that those entering via small boats and lorries are terrorists or genuine asylum seekers?

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

So it's all become about Sajid Javid, and how he's the hero of the hour. I'm sure the he had no thought of his own prime ministerial ambitions when making the decision.

I just wonder what the reaction would be of people if Britain had a terrorist on our soil that we couldn't deport because their home country didn't want them; or there were human rights violations in their home country?

Sajid Javid's career ambitions are of no interest to me. But, having said that- credit where credit's due in this instance. 

I'm more concerned about me and mine, and what our government is doing to protect me and mine from the likes of Begum.

Unlike Begum, I choose to be a conformist. I adhere to the rules, therefore, I demand that my government place my welfare above the welfare of its enemies. British or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, danot said:

Sajid Javid's career ambitions are of no interest to me. But, having said that- credit where credit's due in this instance. 

I'm more concerned about me and mine, and what our government is doing to protect me and mine from the likes of Begum.

Unlike Begum, I choose to be a conformist. I adhere to the rules, therefore, I demand that my government place my welfare above the welfare of its enemies. British or otherwise. 

He'll end up having been found to have broken international law in leaving Ms Begum stateless, mark my words.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

He'll end up having been found to have broken international law in leaving Ms Begum stateless, mark my words.

He's done it with others, why is Begum any different? I would've agreed with you had her child still been alive....

Just now, Delayed said:

He's done it with others, why is Begum any different? I would've agreed with you had her child still been alive....

Because she has no other citizenship to fall back on.