Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

2 hours ago, WasThatWise said:

Any death is sad, people political point scoring on the back of it is sadder.

Nonsense, it was a death brought about by politics.  Of course it should be discussed in a political context.

15 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Nonsense, it was a death brought about by politics.  Of course it should be discussed in a political context.

It was a death brought about by pneumonia and an irresponsible, immature mother getting pregnant on a war torn country

I cant believe some of the bickering and nit picking on this thread.

Remember an innocent baby has died. This kid did no harm to anyone regardless of who his mum was.

RIP little fella.

55 minutes ago, Delayed said:

It was a death brought about by pneumonia and an irresponsible, immature mother getting pregnant on a war torn country

Irresponsible, immature PARENTS. The father is not blameless. Women don't get themselves pregnant.

I think she should have been allowed to come back, straight to prison, and the baby put into care. I know several foster families who would give a baby an excellent start in life. 

She used this baby to blackmail Britain, believing it would secure her return. But Britain never negotiates with terrorists, so, her baby has simply become the latest innocent to tot-up the isis death tally. Three children, all dead, in the space of five years.  Way to go girl. 

7 hours ago, woodview said:

Very sad a child has died.

What was the government response when she asked for the baby to be sent to the uk without her for treatment?

I read that she didn't want the child to come here alone, so can only assume from that she was hoping that she would be allowed to come back with the child. It is sad a child has died but that is not down to the Home Secretary or the British Government, it is down to the decisions she made.

While it is a sad event that a wee bairn should die, some folk are making a right meal of it. Don't forget this was baby number three, I assume that number one passing was a sad event, likewise number two. Born into a war zone, not a good start in life is it. Any one with two brain cells in their nut should have realised that, and made damn sure that pregnancy was avoided. The best way would have been to remain in this Country, get an education, get a job, get a husband and enjoy life to the full. All Begums problems were self made from day one.

Angel1.

There is something really odd about the lass, when she talks and the body language she uses its almost like she doesnt really have a clue whats happening, how dire her situation is, she appears emotionally stunted, numb almost.

Sad that the child has died but the mother is ultimately responsible for creating this situation, nobody else, shameful but typical that Dianne Abbot is trying to politically point score on this issue.

1 minute ago, Michael_W said:

Sad that the child has died but the mother is ultimately responsible for creating this situation, nobody else, shameful but typical that Dianne Abbot is trying to politically point score on this issue.

I wouldn't expect anything less from the vile Abbott.

28 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

There is something really odd about the lass, when she talks and the body language she uses its almost like she doesnt really have a clue whats happening, how dire her situation is, she appears emotionally stunted, numb almost.

She's traumatised, having lived in a war zone for several years.

5 minutes ago, mickey finn said:

I wouldn't expect anything less from the vile Abbott.

Yet oddly you don't complain about Sajid Javed, who rendered miss Begum stateless and whose office fobbed off pleas for help from her family.

20 minutes ago, Halibut said:

She's traumatised, having lived in a war zone for several years.

Yet oddly you don't complain about Sajid Javed, who rendered miss Begum stateless and whose office fobbed off pleas for help from her family.

He did what the majority of people wanted- keep her out of UK and if that meant he had to make her stateless/remove her citizenship- he did that.

His argument was to protect the British public- there is no guarantee this person is trustworthy.

With her going on later to say the Manchester bombings were justified- a person with that state of mind is best kept away.

I doubt you agree with the views so why the big fuss over her..

Edited by Guest