Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

I know there's been a lengthy thread about this girl.

But now it's being reported her baby boy has died.

Should the UK government have took a different stance on this issue as the baby was a British citizen?

I know she seems to put a brave face on in the interviews, but after losing three babies at such a young age she must be an emotional wreck. Especially as she has no family around her.

How convenient...let me guess the next step- hold the UK government responsible

Are we meant to be sympathetic?

Does anyone actually think she had sympathy for the people that her friends blew up in Manchester? Oh wait, no she didn't, because she admitted that in an interview.

She wanted to travel to Syria, she made the effort to enter that country illegally and in the process got her passport taken off her.

As far as I'm concerned, she made her way there, she can either make her own way back (good luck with that!), or she can stay there and rot.

Stylefree - unfortunately this thread will probably become a witch hunt in the same way as the previous one did. Some people seem to hold Ms Begum responsible for all the atrocities that ISIS have committed. 

I totally agree with you about those interviews. When I read the news about the death of the baby I was sad and sickened. It was inevitable but could have been prevented.  If they can get journalists and aid workers in and out of a war zone they could have got the baby and it's mother out.  During those interviews it was obvious that the girl was unwell. From the small glimpses that we had of baby Jarrah it looked as if he was of small birth weight. He didn't stand a chance in those conditions.

Apparently hundreds of children are dying in those camps and apart from a few governments who are making efforts to repatriate them the UK does nothing except pontificate about one child who made a big mistake.  Nobody with any sense supports ISIS but that is no reason to stand by and see innocent children suffer for the sins of their parents. 

RIP little baby. 

Sure I can remember her saying she didn't want her baby to be brought to the UK.

Im afraid she has brought the death of this baby (and the two others) on by herself by living with a medieval death cult in the deserts of the uncivilised Middle East.

We must always remember, she chose her lifestyle / location.

We must also remember that the baby had no choice.

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

It seems that she's the one to blame.

Anyway, problems are solving by themselves.

Edited by Branyy

I have a feeling I’m going to get a lot of abuse from what I’m about to say, but was Begum capable of killing her own child?

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

It seems that she's the one to blame.

Anyway, problems are solving by themselves.

To blame for what? The death of her child?

3 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I have a feeling I’m going to get a lot of abuse from what I’m about to say, but was Begum capable of killing her own child?

I think the reports say that the baby died from pneumonia.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

To the same degree as any mother would be I imagine, but I think its much more likely to be disease and/or malnutrition.