Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

20 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So yes I have an opinion on the two terrorists we are discussing. Without the pair of them both of their Countries would have been better off, 

Surely that depends on who you are. 

If you were an Afrikaaner in South Africa or an Orangeman in Ireland (both incidently with Dutch origins) you probably would think that your country was better off without Mandela or McGuinness but if you were a black South African in Soweto unable to vote and beaten with jamboks by the police or a workIng class Irish person in Derry unable to vote and beaten with batons by the RUC and B Specials you may think that there was room for improvement in your country.

Like I say, it all depends on who's side you are on. Personally I always found apartheid a particularly vile philosophy.

1 hour ago, gaz 786 said:

It's about this thread was closed too much hatered and slander 

I havnt seen any hatred or slander .Just honest , straight to the point opinions. 

Just to wrap up the ANC vs IRA vs ISIS debate, Mandela is already a hero in virtually all of the world right now. History will judge McGuinness if not as a hero, certainly as someone who stood up for his people and was an astute politician and peacemaker. However in 100 years time, ISIS will still be seen by history  very much as they are seen today. A group of religiously inspired fascists who were defeated in much the same way as the Nazis of the Third Reich were defeated 70 years ago.

16 hours ago, Halibut said:

That answer from TCH was, quite obviously, not trolling - he refuted your point in a well reasoned and intelligent fashion. If Mandela or Adams hadn't been around someone else would have led the movements they represented. You might not like the idea, but it's true.

If you can't stand the heat, maybe the kitchen isn't the place for you.

Ha ha ha, very funny  dream on.

Angel1.

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Ha ha ha, very funny  dream on.

Angel1.

You are, as predicted, unable to refute the point. 

I've had a read back on the latest posts relating to Shamima Begum & I can't see that anyone has come up with this possible solution? 

Why not just hand her over to her fellow Muslims out there & let her be tried under Sharia Law?  Surely she would accept any punishment meted out, wouldn't she, as being in line with her beliefs? 

35 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Why not just hand her over to her fellow Muslims out there & let her be tried under Sharia Law?  Surely she would accept any punishment meted out, wouldn't she, as being in line with her beliefs? 

And if she is found not guilty, presumably she will then be allowed back to the UK?

43 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I've had a read back on the latest posts relating to Shamima Begum & I can't see that anyone has come up with this possible solution? 

Largely because it makes no sense whatsoever. 

Hand her over to who, and let her be tried for what crimes exactly? Nobody has yet articulated what crimes have been broken, except for travelling under someone else's passport?  If it's a crime to espouse hate-filled rhetoric, half of Sheffield Forum would be in the monkey house right now.

As for Sharia Law, I suspect you have no idea what it means, except for the soundbites learned from the Daily Mail.

24 minutes ago, bendix said:

Largely because it makes no sense whatsoever. 

Hand her over to who, and let her be tried for what crimes exactly? Nobody has yet articulated what crimes have been broken, except for travelling under someone else's passport?  If it's a crime to espouse hate-filled rhetoric, half of Sheffield Forum would be in the monkey house right now.

As for Sharia Law, I suspect you have no idea what it means, except for the soundbites learned from the Daily Mail.

Well only the other day, there was one of the main representatives of the Quilliam Foundation, (fellow Muslim),  on tv analysing the comments of Begum & stating that she was twisting the interpretation of the Quantity for her own benefit. 

I'm sure fellow Muslims could find something to pin on her?  You decide to live by the sword.....! 

I'll let the Daily Mail comment go & treat it with the contempt it deserves.  It's a shame because you were doing well up to that point. 

I'm not getting into a personal slanging match as it might be the agend of some to get the post closed? . We need the free & open debate to continue. 

Edited by Baron99

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well only the other day, there was one of the main representatives of the Quilliam Foundation, (fellow Muslim),  on tv analysing the comments of Begum & stating that she was twisting the interpretation of the Quantity for her own benefit. 

I know we live in a post-Brexit, fake news, soundbite world but I'm pretty sure that some bloke analysing her interviews on TV is about as useful as a bunch of people on an internet forum deciding what she does or doesn't mean.

It will take many months of interviews by psychologists trained in the very specific area of radicalisation and brainwashing to have any idea of what she is actually thinking. If for no other reason,  she should be allowed to return to gain valuable information on how a seemingly rational and well educated young person could be persuaded to do what she did.

The hang 'em & flog 'em brigade bang on about the cost of allowing her back here, but it is far cheaper to prevent people being radicalised in the first place than to spend a fortune on tracking and surveillance operations once they have been.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I know we live in a post-Brexit, fake news, soundbite world but I'm pretty sure that some bloke analysing her interviews on TV is about as useful as a bunch of people on an internet forum deciding what she does or doesn't mean.

It will take many months of interviews by psychologists trained in the very specific area of radicalisation and brainwashing to have any idea of what she is actually thinking. If for no other reason,  she should be allowed to return to gain valuable information on how a seemingly rational and well educated young person could be persuaded to do what she did.

The hang 'em & flog 'em brigade bang on about the cost of allowing her back here, but it is far cheaper to prevent people being radicalised in the first place than to spend a fortune on tracking and surveillance operations once they have been.

So you don't know what the Quilliam Foundation is then.  Some bloke - Maajid Usman Nawaz. 

Edited by Baron99

42 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I'm sure fellow Muslims could find something to pin on her?  You decide to live by the sword.....! 

Quilliam is an organisation obsessed by and focusing only on islamic extremism.  They are regular rent-a-quotes for this sort of thing.  This is the organsiation wee Tommy Robinson quit the EDL to work with, so let's not put too much weight on their views.