Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

33 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

It wasn't fake news because if her mother is Bangladeshi, then she automatically is a  Bangladeshi  citizen under their bloodline law, until she reaches the age of 21.

Have you not seen the TV news over last few days ? 

Interesting how the forum leftists are happy to support this girls so called rights, considering that her actions and opinions cause more hatred towards a certain religion than anything the likes of Tommy Robinson say's or does, do they not see their own hypocrisy and lack of perspective ?

Yeah let's just let her and her child back and support them with benefits or ask her a few questions at the taxpayers expense while trying to silence those who dare to criticise the religious aspects of her cause, who knows in a few years time when she has been 'de-radicalized' old Jezza  and co may have her standing for election in what's left of the Labour party, if not there will always be a spot on Loose Women or I'm a Celebrity eh ! 

17 minutes ago, deedah said:

Have you not seen the TV news over last few days ? 

Yes, I have seen the TV news over the last few days.  What's your point?

28 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting how the forum leftists are happy to support this girls so called rights, considering that her actions and opinions cause more hatred towards a certain religion than anything the likes of Tommy Robinson say's or does, do they not see their own hypocrisy and lack of perspective ?

Opposing hatred doesn't cause hatred - that's a ridiculous logical fallacy.

20 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting how the forum leftists are happy to support this girls so called rights, 

The right and the far right have always struggled with the concept of 'rights'. Your use of the phrase 'so called rights' demonstrates that perfectly.

The whole point of rights is that they are universal. You don't earn them, deserve them or lose them. You simply have them. The right and far right seem to think that rights should only be given to those who they approve of. Presumably that is why slavery, misogyny, racism, homophobia, antisemitism and disabled prejudice are all tenets of right and far right philosophy. They are justified by choosing who does and doesn't have rights. The greatest opposition to human rights legislation and organisations comes from the populist right.

Yes I am more than happy to despise this woman's beliefs and simultaneously absolutely support her rights. 

By the way, the naked hatred shown by some of the more reactionary posters on this thread including those calling for her to be lynched puts them much closer to iSIS than I or anyone on the left will ever be.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Yes, I have seen the TV news over the last few days.  What's your point?

What's the point ! 

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

It wasn't fake news because if her mother is Bangladeshi, then she automatically is a  Bangladeshi  citizen under their bloodline law, until she reaches the age of 21.

The fake news was

1. She was a Bangladeshi citizen.

2. She travelled to Bangladesh as a child

3. She holds a Bangladeshi passport.

All the above are untrue and all the above were referred to by various media outlets this week.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The fake news was

All the above are untrue and all the above were referred to by various media outlets this week.

Thank you Topcats.

I just couldn't be bothered 

Addition: Bangladesh officials say they will not accept her and she has no Bangladeshi passport and no right or entitlement to obtain one. 

There is always the SAS she might want to give them a call see if they might help. 

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The fake news was

I suggest you upgrade to a better source for getting your news.  The news outlets I have seen explained the  Bangladesh bloodline law.

5 minutes ago, deedah said:

Thank you Topcats.

I just couldn't be bothered 

Addition: Bangladesh officials say they will not accept her and she has no Bangladeshi passport and no right or entitlement to obtain one. 

There is always the SAS she might want to give them a call see if they might help. 

Those Bangladesh officials need to understand their own Bloodline law.  

Edited by Lockdoctor

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The fake news was

Out of interest, which news sources said she went to Bangladesh as a child or holds a Bangladeshi passport? 

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

I suggest you upgrade to a better source for getting your news. 

Really?

Then maybe you can tell me which of the three examples I gave is actually true?

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Then maybe you can tell me which of the three examples I gave is actually true?

I haven't heard of any of your examples which is why I suggested you get a better source for your news.

5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Out of interest, which news sources said she went to Bangladesh as a child or holds a Bangladeshi passport? 

I am guessing it wasn't the BBC or SKY News.