Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

1 hour ago, deedah said:

Extreme , Extremists. 

I consider many religions extreme

(I mean the religion itself)

Not allowing abortion. Genital mutilation, not allowing blood transfusion, not allowing women to drive.

The whole thing is a extreme. It causes more wars, deaths, pedophilia, separatism bigotism sexism and a whole other host of extreme viewpoints

Same for revoking someones passport/citizenship wihout due process and the rule of law.

The irony is that those who agree with this have become exremists themselves. No grooming required :hihi:

1 hour ago, deedah said:

Extreme , Extremists. 

Not allowing abortion. Genital mutilation, not allowing blood transfusion, not allowing women to drive.

The whole thing is a extreme. It causes more wars, deaths, pedophilia, separatism bigotism sexism and a whole other host of extreme viewpoints 

Never mind those amongst those that are more extreme than the others.

When are we going to drag these oddball people into the modern world ?

Yet through all the years and all the terror and badness they still "believe" !

God help them  ... Pun intended 

Nah den deedah have to admit you have it right. Religion of any kind should be banned, then we might be able to live together in peace.

Angel1.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He was rinsed by Robert Peston tonight who started the interview by quoting from Javid's own Home Office advice on returning ISIS people which was that they should be allowed to return, are interrogated for any intelligence they have and are then asked to sign up to a de-radicalisation programme.

No one else on the programme supported his decision other than one of Rees-Mogg's crackpot bunch, and the ex-Labour MP made the valid point that she was groomed and radicalised here as a child so it is our responsibility to take her back and put things right.

I agree with what you wrote.   I will just point out that  Mr Rees- Mogg  supports Shamima Begum returning to the UK.

At the end of the day we all wanted IS to be defeated and the defeat of IS brings about problems such as Shamima Begum .  It is only correct that the UK deals with some of these problems rather than trying to pass the problems on to other countries.

38 minutes ago, katekate said:

Leave her and her child where they are.  She made a choice and has to live with it.  We need to start looking after our own people.  Let's remember those we have lost to Isis and the families who continue to struggle every day due to losing their loved ones.  This country has been walked all over for a long time, we need to learn how to use the word NO!

This has got nothing to do with learning to say no. We're talking about the rule of law.  For example, Shamima Begum's children haven't done anything wrong, so why do you feel the need to punish them?  

It also sets a dangerous precedent to leave people without any nationality. Shamima Begum entered Syria illegally, she's not Syria's problem so they'll want her out of their country, but where to? Would you feel the same if we wanted to deport someone from our country, but were unable to  due to their country's refusal to accept them? 

I'm not so sure that you'd hold the same views then.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I will just point out that  Mr Rees- Mogg  supports Shamima Begum returning to the UK.

We have had mercenaries returning to the UK for years, but those guys were white, so maybe that makes a difference? The male mercenaries travel abroad to fight and kill, did Shamima Begum kill anyone?

Lets allow the courts to decide.

4 hours ago, deedah said:

Extreme , Extremists. 

Never mind those amongst those that are more extreme than the others.

When are we going to drag these oddball people into the modern world ?

Yet through all the years and all the terror and badness they still "believe" !

God help them  ... Pun intended 

There is something inherently wrong with these followers who believe the examples you've given. 

Science and peaceful modern living are the only way forward for the future. History and heritage are just something to look back on and learn not live by in modern society.

Of course there are a few that believe whatever they see or read (and usually end up posting on here)

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

We have had mercenaries returning to the UK for years, but those guys were white, so maybe that makes a difference? The male mercenaries travel abroad to fight and kill, did Shamima Begum kill anyone?

Lets allow the courts to decide.

The Home Secretary, who has made the decision to stop Shamima Begum returning to the UK is not white which leads me to conclude the colour of a person's skin makes no difference to the decisions. 

Your mercenaries argument is ludicrous because mercenaries haven't carried out terrorist attacks on British soil unlike what  IS have done, which was the group which Shamima Begum was brainwashed to support.  Also mercenaries have never been stuck in refugee camps without any passports.

This case will set a dangerous precedent if allowed to strip her of her nationality because she is eligible for Bengaladeshi nationality.

17 minutes ago, mafya said:

This case will set a dangerous precedent if allowed to strip her of her nationality because she is eligible for Bengaladeshi nationality.

Agree entirely, and certainly not without her day in court, as is every British citizens right.

17 minutes ago, mafya said:

She isn't though ..that was/is "fake news"

The Bangladeshi don't want her 

8 minutes ago, deedah said:

She isn't though ..that was/is "fake news"

The Bangladeshi don't want her 

It wasn't fake news because if her mother is Bangladeshi, then she automatically is a  Bangladeshi  citizen under their bloodline law, until she reaches the age of 21.

57 minutes ago, Shunter said:

There is something inherently wrong with these followers who believe the examples you've given. 

Science and peaceful modern living are the only way forward for the future. History and heritage are just something to look back on and learn not live by in modern society.

Of course there are a few that believe whatever they see or read (and usually end up posting on here)

I broadly agree with you, and I'm no fan of religion; but I'd query the 'peaceful modern living' bit...

Of course not in that peace is bad or anything; but rather, what is the real cost, that others have to pay, for us to enjoy our peaceful modern living?

Not that you or I, are directly harming other people in other nations around the world; but what about our goverments and corporations who are the bed-rock of this peaceful modern life we enjoy? What impact do they have on those less fortunate living in less capable nations? Does the western world interfere in, destabalise or try to exploit other nations too weak to stand up to us?