Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Given that when she is quoted as saying that the Manchester bombing was justifed the word 'justified' was put in quotes which is an age old signifier that she didn't actually say that.

As far as I know what she did was to compare innocent civilians killed in Syrian airstrikes with innocent civilians killed in Manchester.

Military strikes havent targeted inoccent civilians though, so what's behind her reasoning?

The provoking posts can cease, any further and accounts are going to be suspended.

4 minutes ago, danot said:

Military strikes havent targeted inoccent civilians though, so what's behind her reasoning?

Tit for Tat is her reasoning. 

A Narcissistic attempt at justifying atrocities SHE was a part of.

12 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

She said 'THEY' justified it, it was 'THEIR' justification.

She also said no innocent people should be killed.

That could be interpreted in many ways. 

Infidels aren't  innocents are they?

Sajid Javid chose what, at the face of it, was the easiest option. This story will hunt this 'government' for years to come.

5 hours ago, bendix said:

I wasn't aware she has committed any crime. Has she been charged with something?  Genuine question.

yes, she is an idiot.  She did a stupid thing.  The correct course of action is to allow her to return to the UK, investigate what happened and what she did there, and then deal with it accordingly.  Dealing with it accordingly might mean any number of things, ranging from using intelligence briefings to help fight ISIS, assess what criminal charges are necessary and/or work on integrating her back into society, if that's the right thing.

I agree.

She should have her day in court as a British citizen like every other British citizen.

The attempt to revoke her passport is nothing more than appeasing a baying crowd, the wrong decision.

If her family do take action to fight this, they'll rightly win (IMV).

5 hours ago, bendix said:

A blanket 'revoke citizenship' move might placate the Daily Mail / Sheffield Forum mob mentality, but it does more harm than good in the long run.

There have been hundreds of others who have returned already without a word, but they didn't get plastered all over the papers and vilified on a daily basis.

This is appeasing the mob, nothing more. How long before any "undesirable" can have their passport revoked... I would have thought "never", but here we are :roll:

The thin end of the wedge, I'm actually pretty disgusted by it TBH.

4 hours ago, janie48 said:

I agree. 

When I first saw the interview I thought she appeared cold and unfeeling, but then it occurred to me that the reason for that was because she was severely traumatised  and incapable of showing emotional feelings.

This entirely, to me it looks like she's got no idea what she's saying, she's like a child who just has to say something and the press is letting her hang herself.

It's pretty sickening.

Even if you don't accept she's a victim, she still deserves her day in court!

3 minutes ago, Magilla said:

This entirely, to me it looks like she's got no idea what she's saying, she's like a child who just has to say something and the press is letting her hang herself.

It's pretty sickening.

Even if you don't accept she's a victim, she still deserves her day in court!

Frankly....It's Sickening to ME that you are falling for it...!

THEY ARE EXPERTS IN THEIR FIELD.

Jeez......Wake up....!

Edited by FinBak

23 minutes ago, Shunter said:

The lawyer who claimed 9/11 was a controlled demolition is representing her for free

Well that says it all.  At least the poor tax payer isn’t paying her leagal costs, so far.

21 minutes ago, danot said:

Really?

There's a major movie out at the moment about a journalist called Marie Colvin who was murdered in a targetted airstrike by the Syrian military.

Now as far as I know, journalists are innocent civillians unless you subscribe to the Trump/Putin/Erdogan view that the mainstream media is a legitimate target.

4 hours ago, bendix said:

Scotland Yard have already said that unless it can be proven she has committed illegal acts in Syria, she currently faces no terrorism charges by simply going there.

On your first point, absolutely not.  It is perfectly legal to travel anywhere.

On the second, yes.  She would have been travelling with false documents so that could be thrown at her.  At best it would be a fine.

As I have said, as a UK citizen she should be allowed to return and be investigated to see what charges can be brought, if any.   Revoking her citizenship is likely illegal and has been done to pander to base instincts. 

So your proposal is to bring her back to the UK and then give her a fine at worst? 

10 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Well that says it all.  At least the poor tax payer isn’t paying her leagal costs, so far.

The poor tax payer has got to cough up £43 million pounds for Boris Johnsons failed  garden bridge project. Let her come here if only  for her childs sake if nothing else.  In her position I would have said anything in favour of Isis just to make sure they didn't kill me. before I got away.