Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

Just seen her interviewed by SKY.

She  shows no remorse for what she was involved in.

Would she want to come back if ISIS were winning ? I think not.

Stay where you are, you are not welcome back here.

3 hours ago, steelerman said:

let her back in then charge her with treason,job done.

Maybe you ought to do a bit of research about what constitutes treason before making suggestions like that.

The do-gooders will be all over this. Why put resources in to supporters of evil, when there are people desperate for help, who can't get it?

Maybe go on a hospital ward and explain that you'd rather fund the legal aid bill and ongoing benefits of someone like this, instead of fund what os desperately needed.

16 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Maybe you ought to do a bit of research about what constitutes treason before making suggestions like that.

"the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or governmen"

I may not be legally trained,but having a quick look at the meaning ,this is just one of the many that I have come across aand I think there is something in it.On other meaning that I have seen it seems that the death penalty is no longer an option,but guilty is LIFE.

23 minutes ago, woodview said:

The do-gooders will be all over this. Why put resources in to supporters of evil, when there are people desperate for help, who can't get it?

Maybe go on a hospital ward and explain that you'd rather fund the legal aid bill and ongoing benefits of someone like this, instead of fund what os desperately needed.

What's a do-gooder?

Edited by Mister Gee

6 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What's a do-gooder?

Somebody who jumps on supporting  cases like this, but actually results in doing more harm than good.

Try Ask-Jeeves or Bing too.

Edited by woodview

15 minutes ago, woodview said:

Somebody who jumps on supporting  cases like this, but actually results in doing more harm than good.

So you've not got a clue what you're on about?

19 minutes ago, woodview said:

Ahhhhhh right.   Do you know what I thought it was?

I thought it was a pathetic childish nickname used by ill-informed and reactionary right wingers against anyone who dares to disagree with them. 

I guess I have been educated.

Just now, Mister Gee said:

So you've not got a clue what you're on about?

Do-gooder is a phrase used and understood in general use amongst everyday people. I'm struggling to see why you can't understand. As I say, just nip on Ask-Jeeves or similar sites and you'll be able to get various explanations of the phrase.

Just now, ECCOnoob said:

Ahhhhhh right.   Do you know what I thought it was?

I thought it was a pathetic childish nickname used by ill-informed and reactionary right wingers against anyone who dares to disagree with them. 

I guess I have been educated.

Or do a search, that can help too.

27 minutes ago, woodview said:

Do you mean someone that believes we should follow our own laws that we are signed up to, instead of the reactionary and uninformed?

On 16/02/2019 at 18:01, Lockdoctor said:

We don't know who was in earshot when she gave the interview.  Do you think once she had entered Syria she had the option of changing her mind and returning home?  The facts are she and the other two girls were groomed when they were only 15 years of age, which mostly likely started  when they were  younger.    If a 15 year old girl is groomed and doesn't leave the UK then there would be outrage against the people who have done the grooming  rather than the victim.   The law is,  that  she is still a British citizen and she should be allowed to return to the UK and face British justice.  

Much to my amazement, we are in complete agreement.

58 minutes ago, woodview said:

You could say the same about Brexit :roll:

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Do you mean someone that believes we should follow our own laws that we are signed up to, instead of the reactionary and uninformed?

And miss helping people who actually deserve it and neednit. And just help someone because it fits the do-gooder criteria, yes.

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Much to my amazement, we are in complete agreement.

You could say the same about Brexit :roll:

Say it on that thread then . Bit you can ignore the fact on this one if you like.