Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

7 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Maybe they were, but I don't think a reminder that she was all of those things - and only 15 and therefore immature and impressionable - does any harm, do you?

do us a favour go to syria and help her if you are so bothered! 15 yr olds now are not impressionable or immature they know exactly what they are doing and she knew exactly what she was doing. she is a thing and shes not welcome back here.

5 minutes ago, neworderishere said:

do us a favour go to syria and help her if you are so bothered! 15 yr olds now are not impressionable or immature they know exactly what they are doing and she knew exactly what she was doing. she is a thing and shes not welcome back here.

Were you the same when you were 15 than you are now? Or were you a fully formed adult?

Your argument is the same as those used by men who have sex with underage girls.....

53 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Not a thing. A human being. A British citizen, a mother, somebodies daughter. A woman who was groomed and exploited.

As someone has already pointed out, she is married to a Dutch IS fighter. Does this not make her a Dutch citizen?

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

looking at what she "said", she clearly doesn't have any remorse, has clearly seen some nasty things, which clearly doesn't fill her with revulsion. And she clearly enjoyed her time with ISIS and hasn't condemned them in the slightest, its

How do you know any of these things?

You yourself put the word "said" in quotation marks which presumably was to express some doubt as to how freely she was speaking.

9 hours ago, melthebell said:

**** her, unrepentant terrorist loving bitch

Not very often we see eye to eye Mel , but you are 100% spot on here. 

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

Has it occurred to you to ask why she wasn't fazed by that horrific spectacle? Has it occurred to you that she was a child when she was groomed into going to Syria?

She chose to go to that hellhole to join terrorists , let here stay there and rot. 

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Not a thing. A human being. A British citizen, a mother, somebodies daughter. A woman who was groomed and exploited.

A terrorist is the description you missed out. 

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How do you know any of these things?

You yourself put the word "said" in quotation marks which presumably was to express some doubt as to how freely she was speaking.

i read the article, she "said" these things, i dont know if its true or not, hence why put them in speech marks, if they are what she said then she clearly shows no remorse, no regret, unfazed by things she saw and enjoyed her time with IS

Edited by melthebell

If by some chance she does get back in the country then she will need protection 24/7 for the rest of her life, because someone will find her and kill her...the level of hatred towards her makes it an almost certainty.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Maybe they were, but I don't think a reminder that she was all of those things - and only 15 and therefore immature and impressionable - does any harm, do you?

How about a reminder that she's made a choice to live with ISIS?

44 minutes ago, melthebell said:

i read the article, she "said" these things, i dont know if its true or not, hence why put them in speech marks, if they are what she said then she clearly shows no remorse, no regret, unfazed by things she saw and enjoyed her time with IS

So when we see hostages in Vietnam, China, Pakistan, Iraq, Lebanon etc. speaking warmly of their captors, are we to take this as evidence of what they really think about these things simply because they "said" it? When David Koresh sent out videotapes of happy clappy Branch Davidians from the compound during the Waco siege are we to assume that they were all there of their own free will?

Neither you nor I nor anyone else can really know how she sees the world now and certainly not based on an awkward interview with a Times journalist.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

And a human being who has no regrets.

1 hour ago, Pyrotequila said:

If by some chance she does get back in the country then she will need protection 24/7 for the rest of her life, 

That reminds me of the far right facebook pages complaining about the cost of protecting the killers of Jamie Bulger which then publish photographs of the two men with possible addresses along with messages urging people to attack them causing even greater public expense.

I’m no fan of revenge and mob rule but come on halibut and top cat, can’t you understand why people feel angry that a girl that rejected British values and ran away to join a murderous cult, and apparently doesn’t regret this, could possibly be allowed back? That doesn’t make them comparable to serial killers or IS.