Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

37 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Go to 0:55 of her speaking and hear her saying "i don't regret it" . I think that's proof enough considering its from the horses mouth. 

Then don't give her a lift home. She can try and claim asylum elsewhere (good luck with that one) stay there, or make her way back (under her own steam - again, good luck with that) and face arrest.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

When I read into it more I learned that she was 15 when she was effectively groomed and became a child bride.

Groomed by whom, though?

I remember the furore when the three did a runner, but I don't recall anybody getting pulled in and investigated as regards grooming her/them.

Think I'm right saying that they attended an ordinary state school?

Were any of the teachers questioned at the time?

Were the parents questioned?

Her attitude does her no favours as regards the UK accepting her back, and her intimation that the State will fund and look after her offspring  is like a red rag to a bull, especially as she's not contributed a single penny into the system.

Blunt, granted, but...

Just now, RiffRaff said:

Groomed by whom, though?

I remember the furore when the three did a runner, but I don't recall anybody getting pulled in and investigated as regards grooming her/them.

Members of IS/supporters of IS most likely, via the internet.

Think I'm right saying that they attended an ordinary state school?

Were any of the teachers questioned at the time?

Of course they would have been.

Were the parents questioned?

Of course.

Her attitude does her no favours as regards the UK accepting her back, and her intimation that the State will fund and look after her offspring  is like a red rag to a bull, especially as she's not contributed a single penny into the system.

Blunt, granted, but...

I'm sure there are thousands  of people out there with profound disabilities, who've never paid any tax  in their lives, but we don't leave them to die do we. Besides, this woman is still only 19 and has plenty of potential to grow and change.

1 hour ago, Albert smith said:

We all wondered when little Tommy would get the blame .

As you have quoted my post in full and not commented on anything I have said, I take it that you agree with everything that I’ve said? 😁

What's missing here is common sense.

As is demonstrated, we'll be tied in knots legally for months with this and end up lumbered with someone who is a drain on time, emotions and funds.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Surely that depends on what she says or does?

If she spends her time telling anyone who will listen that she has been a complete idiot and warning other young people not to be so gullible and naive, then I doubt she would be seen as a hero by the parts of society I assume you are referring to.

You really think that? She could denounce IS for the rest of her life but certain people will still see her actions in Syria as something to celebrate. The certain type of people similar to how she was when she left to go to join IS for example.

There are people on SF who refuse to believe the news because they don't trust the source, even if from the horses mouth. It doesn't take a genius to assume people who want to celebrate her actions in joining IS will be quick to assume she's lying under duress if she ever spoke against IS and extremism.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Why? She hasn't killed anyone.

Not all people given new identities are done so because they have killed someone. Most are given them for their own protection. It also prevents them from claiming fame and notoriety from past events.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

What's missing here is common sense.

As is demonstrated, we'll be tied in knots legally for months with this and end up lumbered with someone who is a drain on time, emotions and funds.

You are quite correct, it should be left alone by politicians, they will play to the crowd and then the lawyers will speak in court about what actually happened and not what the media said happened.

Personally speaking, i'm an anarchist, personal anarchism means you give respect to people in your community, respect people, help people, care for people. looking at what she "said", she clearly doesn't have any remorse, has clearly seen some nasty things, which clearly doesn't fill her with revulsion. And she clearly enjoyed her time with ISIS and hasn't condemned them in the slightest, its ok if you live with them, try telling that to the communities that suffered in terror under them, the atrocities metered out to these "innocent" communities just trying to get on with their lives.

She can rot in hell, she IS a danger to society here and the only way she should be allowed back is to be incarcerated, de radicalised (if it does indeed work) and interrogated for any information on ISIS which maybe of use.

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

You are quite correct, it should be left alone by politicians, they will play to the crowd and then the lawyers will speak in court about what actually happened and not what the media said happened.

I mean the case and the woman shouldn't end up back here. We have plenty of deserving people who need help without things like this sucking up resource.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

I mean the case and the woman shouldn't end up back here. We have plenty of deserving people who need help without things like this sucking up resource.

Not a thing. A human being. A British citizen, a mother, somebodies daughter. A woman who was groomed and exploited.

28 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Not a thing. A human being. A British citizen, a mother, somebodies daughter. A woman who was groomed and exploited.

*Somebody's

Maybe by "thing" they were referring to the situation?

2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

*Somebody's

Maybe by "thing" they were referring to the situation?

Maybe they were, but I don't think a reminder that she was all of those things - and only 15 and therefore immature and impressionable - does any harm, do you?