Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

Keep the ISIS brides out of the UK. They knew what they were doing.  I have no sympathy for them or any others who left to be with ISIS

11 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

IS sympathisers dont think like 'normal' people. They cant be educated around to our way of thinking.

What on earth is ‘our way of thinking’? 🤨

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Put simply live and let live.

Their way of thinking is if you're not with us you're against us and must be eradicated.

9 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Put simply live and let live.

Their way of thinking is if you're not with us you're against us and must be eradicated.

I think there are very few here who believe in live and let live. 

Just look at at some of the things posted on this forum for a start! 

48 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The poster already explained that; see where they have written 'normal'.

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

IS sympathisers dont think like 'normal' people. They cant be educated around to our way of thinking.

We can put her through the intelligence wringer in some dusty intelligence compound over there- and no doubt she will be.  Although she'll probably feed us mis-information as why would she want to harm IS? 

Having her back is as good as welcoming a spy into the country

Funnily enough - if they've had enough of US bombings and the Kurds giving them a kicking - they can be rehabilitated, milked for intel, brought back into society and will tell anyone how awful it is out there and what a mistake it was. University of Essex did a study a year or two back if memory serves.

Obviously they'd have to be kept tabs on, and not everyone wants to or can be turned back but the choice is whether we try.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

generally it doesn't involve beheading people who don't agree with your exact version of religion. The fact you can post the things you do is an example of it. The fact you can't differentiate is in itself disturbing.

If she ever returns to this country, she will obviously remain an enhanced security threat for her entire life...but what worries me more is the message that is sent to the British public if she is allowed back.

Again, the common sense beliefs of the British public (of all backgrounds) will be overriden by spineless politicians and opportunistic lawyers.
We will be told there is nothing they can do because of the laws of this land and that we must just accept it.

Well I don't accept it.
Laws can and should be changed to mould the country into one you would want to live in.
We have better things to expend resources on than de-radicalising people who are already lost.

A modern democratic welfare state only works when the people who fund it, volunteer for it and protect it have shared bonds with people who draw from it...
I like the majority of British people only give my consent to help support that welfare state, when I can see that the recipients in need of it share some core common beliefs...

One belief is to be pretty upset seeing someone's severed head in the bin.
Another is to do your bit to keep your country going in whatever form you can...and not just sit back and take.

I'm afraid that this is just another news story that pushes people (myself included) further and further to the right on  issues like this.

The people who think they are running this country (as opposed to normal working people who actually do) just do not twig what a very dangerous game they are playing by overriding public views on things like this.
People are getting really angry about this and not just the usual suspects at the political fringes.

4 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

If she ever returns to this country, she will obviously remain an enhanced security threat for her entire life...but what worries me more is the message that is sent to the British public if she is allowed back.

Again, the common sense beliefs of the British public (of all backgrounds) will be overriden by spineless politicians and opportunistic lawyers.
We will be told there is nothing they can do because of the laws of this land and that we must just accept it.

Well I don't accept it.
Laws can and should be changed to mould the country into one you would want to live in.
We have better things to expend resources on than de-radicalising people who are already lost.

A modern democratic welfare state only works when the people who fund it, volunteer for it and protect it have shared bonds with people who draw from it...
I like the majority of British people only give my consent to help support that welfare state, when I can see that the recipients in need of it share some core common beliefs...

One belief is to be pretty upset seeing someone's severed head in the bin.
Another is to do your bit to keep your country going in whatever form you can...and not just sit back and take.

I'm afraid that this is just another news story that pushes people (myself included) further and further to the right on  issues like this.

The people who think they are running this country (as opposed to normal working people who actually do) just do not twig what a very dangerous game they are playing by overriding public views on things like this.
People are getting really angry about this and not just the usual suspects at the political fringes.

Very true.

Sorry if its already been mentioned, and it is really trivial in the scheme of things, but can you even fly at 9 months pregnant? Im pretty sure all airlines have a cut off point.

I find it a bit strange that she would leave it so late into her pregnancy to decide she wants UK medical treatment.

Edited by nikki-red

40 minutes ago, woodview said:

generally it doesn't involve beheading people who don't agree with your exact version of religion. The fact you can post the things you do is an example of it. The fact you can't differentiate is in itself disturbing.

You still seem to be struggling with straightforward posts.

Do you not see even a tiny bit of irony in posters saying that she should be executed if she returns while others say that our way of thinking is 'live and let live'?

Let them rot in hell. That's what I say. UK was not good enough for them. Now they want pity.