Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

5 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Common sense should tell that she knew people were killed in Manchester, isis claimed responsibility for the bombing, and they tend not to bomb places devoid of people. 

Sorry, I don't get what you're suggesting?

22 minutes ago, Waldo said:

in the interview she did. So, from the horses (her) mouth as it were.

Of course, propaganda in always at play, both theirs and ours, you'd be pretty dim to think otherwise.

???

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

???

What what!?

I was just saying, what Nikki-Red said, in #310 seemed very close to what I heard her say in the interview, with (I think), Sky News.

Edited by Waldo

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

What what!?

I was just saying, what Nikki-Red said, in #310 seemed very close to what I heard her say in the interview, with (I think), Sky News.

You seemed to be suggesting that what you heard 'from the horses (her) mouth' was the truth but at the same saying that 'propaganda is always at play, both theirs and ours'.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You seemed to be suggesting that what you heard 'from the horses (her) mouth' was the truth but at the same saying that 'propaganda is always at play, both theirs and ours'.

I heard the interview on TV, not from her in person. We don't know to what extent (if any) she has been instructed to say certain things, or give a certain impression etc. I think it's safe to assume she'll have been heavily conditioned with the IS narrative / world-view though (just as we are conditioned with our particular world-view).

It's the truth that what I heard her say, pretty much aligned with post #310. I'm not convinced I may any comment regarding the veracity (or my opinion thereof) of her claims / comments though? Did I?

Edited by Waldo

Fantastic outcome. I'm back, she's out. 

Happy days. 

Here's what I don't understand.    If we accept that a 15 year old girl is not mature enough to be able to consent to having sex (even if she insists she is and she says she loves the guy and she knows her own mind), on what moral grounds can we then turn around and say that another 15 year old girl is not only capable of knowing her own mind when she pulled this adolescent stunt.

And on what legal grounds can we impose adult punishments for crimes / mistakes commited as a child.

How many terrorist organisations did you join when you were 15?? 

6 minutes ago, bendix said:

Here's what I don't understand.    If we accept that a 15 year old girl is not mature enough to be able to consent to having sex (even if she insists she is and she says she loves the guy and she knows her own mind), on what moral grounds can we then turn around and say that another 15 year old girl is not only capable of knowing her own mind when she pulled this adolescent stunt.

And on what legal grounds can we impose adult punishments for crimes / mistakes commited as a child.

If she'd shown an ounce of remorse she'd have probably been allowed back. Anyway, forget her. It's about time we started putting public safety first.  It's time to remember those slaughtered at the hands of her beloved death cult, not sympathise with members of Isis. 

4 minutes ago, danot said:

If she'd shown an ounce of remorse she'd have probably been allowed back. Anyway, forget her. It's about time we started putting public safety first.  It's time to remember those slaughtered at the hands of her beloved death cult, not sympathise with members of Isis. 

She was brainwashed when she was a minor and has been further brainwashed during her time in Syria.  Someone who has suffered years of being brainwashed is not going show remorse over night. 

24 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

She was brainwashed when she was a minor and has been further brainwashed during her time in Syria.  Someone who has suffered years of being brainwashed is not going show remorse over night. 

Brainwashed my ?..... of course she wasnt she went willingly and knew exactly what she was doing, why do the left and the handwringers continually use the "brainwashing"  excuse every time, it takes a lot of brainwashers then to change the mind and infect the many millions of isis supporters!