Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

49 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Whats the legal position? Does she have a legal right to return? Hopefully not

As a British citizen she has the legal right to return, she also has to take responsibility for any crimes she committed.

No doubt she would be placed on the terror watch list and be under quite intense surveillance should she return.

6 minutes ago, geared said:

As a British citizen she has the legal right to return,

Didn't they get their citizenship revoked?

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

No she shouldn’t be allowed back.

no winners in the situation but you can’t expect to be welcomed back to this country for care given her previous actions.

the whole story sounds a bit staged to me

mind. 

Who has she said this to and why has it landed straight at the top of the news agenda today?

She was "found" by the Times and interviewed by them,. Its their front page story

28 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Didn't they get their citizenship revoked?

Only ones who had dual citizenship usually get it revoked, otherwise they get left stateless which I think is against our own laws.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

No she chose to go and live as an ISIS bride and should not be allowed back into this country.

What about the people that we send back to their own country?

47 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

She was "found" by the Times and interviewed by them,. Its their front page story

She would be daft to say IS were evil and deluded, they might kill her. It's a good story though.

25 minutes ago, geared said:

Only ones who had dual citizenship usually get it revoked, otherwise they get left stateless which I think is against our own laws.

Correct, she'll be let back in, then take up years of resources monitoring her.

Just watching this case on BBC 2 Daily Politics.

Surprising to me, Mr Mogg would allow her to come back.

My opinion, She made her bed, now she must lay in it.

Angel1.

The news says that if she returns she faces a "police investigation".

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

13 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The news says that if she returns she faces a "police investigation".

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

She'll be let back in. We'll tie ourselves in knots legally for years. IS laugh their socks off at us, job done.

Will the father- no doubt an upstanding member of the local community-  have a legal right to join his child back in Blighty?

2 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Will the father- no doubt an upstanding member of the local community-  have a legal right to join his child back in Blighty?

Hopefully one of the usual suspects will come along and tell us. We have to think about  his human rights ...

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

Hopefully one of the usual suspects will come along and tell us. We have to think about  his human rights ...

Yes I'm waititing for our fishy friend to suggest mother has as much right to be in this country as we do, that she's vulnerable and been brainwashed by nasty men.