Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're out of order for having a go at Top Hat in this way. 

Not least because I wasn't hiding anywhere during the second world war as I wasn't even born! 😉

3 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Of course you're worried, I worry too about about safety and security and the risk of further disasters.

But the alternative decision of not allowing their return could have much worse future consequences,

I watched an ITV interview  with Jack Letts who also wants to return here, he too appeared very disturbed and troubled. Did anyone see it?

Sorry to be so brief on the details, I've tried to post a link from the website  but couldn't do it from this device. 

How would not allowing their return to Britain make things worse. Or increase the level of  risk they pose?

1 minute ago, danot said:

How would not allowing their return to Britain make things worse. Or increase the level of  risk they pose?

Think about it. 

Just now, danot said:

Because otherwise you've got a big bunch of ex-terrorists knocking about in a failed state with time on their hands. You might recall Osama bin Laden found himself in a similar situation in afghanistan and got up to all sorts of mischief.

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

Think about it. 

Sorry, ive just spoon fed it. Hopefully it will be fully digested!

2 minutes ago, danot said:

Because if they are allowed to return to Britain then they will be locked up and if they are not allowed to return to Britain, then there is a big chance they will be set free as President Trump has warned us about.

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

Think about it. 

Serious question. How would refusing their return to Britain increase the level of risk they pose? I understand that it my trigger others to join the cause but to what extent should we appease them?

No country allows themselves to be held to ransom by terrorists, it's never an option, so I'm asking the question. Serious question.. 

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Because if they are allowed to return to Britain then they will be locked up and if they are not allowed to return to Britain, then there is a big chance they will be set free as President Trump has warned us about.

Locked away for doing what?  Leaving Britain and marrying a terrorist in Syria? 

Is that an actual crime?

4 minutes ago, danot said:

No country allows themselves to be held to ransom by terrorists, it's never an option,

If that were the case, why are we now being told that we can't cancel Brexit because of the threat of violence from the far-right?

In other news, Channel Four News have pointed out that Bashar-al-Assad's wife Asma still has her British citizenship despite being married to a wanted war criminal who has without doubt killed many more people than Shamima Begum's Dutch husband.

Is this a class issue too? 😡

4 minutes ago, danot said:

Locked away for doing what?  Leaving Britain and marrying a terrorist in Syria? 

Is that an actual crime?

That's hilarious, if you don't think these people have committed any crimes, then why are you so obsessed about Sharmeena Begum not returning to the UK?

41 minutes ago, danot said:

Serious question. How would refusing their return to Britain increase the level of risk they pose? I understand that it my trigger others to join the cause but to what extent should we appease them?

No country allows themselves to be held to ransom by terrorists, it's never an option, so I'm asking the question. Serious question.. 

Because of what tinfoilhat said. Also because we will never be rid of ISIS unless we are willing to prevent others from being radicalised on the Internet, and one way of doing that is for the authorities involved in rehabilitation programmes for those who have returned,  to get as much information from them  about radicalisation grooming methods as possible. 

Edited by janie48

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Then immediately instructed his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to prevent an Alabama woman who went to Syria from returning to the US.

The guy's an idiot.

He did the right thing. 

Still , at least she has that well known Terrorist sympathiser Corbin on her side . 

13 hours ago, Halibut said:

That just doesn't make sense. It's like saying that anyone who holds the RAF in high esteem should never be allowed to live in Hamburg.

Leaving aside what anyone thinks should happen with Begum, you're actually comparing an army who helped defend Europe from Nazis with a terrorist organisation who deliberately kill anyone who doesn't share the same beliefs? Including bombing children, beheadings etc .

You're an absolute disgrace.

Edited by WiseOwl182