Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

I see American and Canadian women who "fled" (left) their countries to join ISIS now want to "come home" as well. 

Who's had a friend request from an account this morning on FB?

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

That just doesn't make sense. It's like saying that anyone who holds the RAF in high esteem should never be allowed to live in Hamburg.

The RAF isn't a sadistic death cult. Isis is.

Edited by danot

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

That's a total red herring. People who are repeatedly exposed to scenes of horror and violence become desensitised to scenes of horror and violence. If you're trying to cite that as a reason why she shouldn't be allowed back, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Red herring?  Please. How long would it take for you to become desensitised to it? Not sure that I ever would. Then again, those things don't happen over here do they- oh, hold on, yes they do, and Isis is responsible yet again. It's going to be a sad day when we Brits see these atrocities occurring on our streets right before our eyes and think nothing of it. A very sad day indeed Halibut.

Edited by danot

25 minutes ago, danot said:

The RAF isn't a sadistic death cult. Isis is.

Killing is killing, whoever does it. There's no evidence that Shamina Begum has done any. British aircrew in WW2 and more recently killed hundreds of thousands.

33 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

I see American and Canadian women who "fled" (left) their countries to join ISIS now want to "come home" as well. 

Who's had a friend request from an account this morning on FB?

How is this question in any way relevant to the discussion?

1 hour ago, blake said:

Corbyn referred to the terrorist-sympathising and terrorist-trained Syria ISIS girl's 'right to return' to the UK.

it's just hilarious. The guy is a mental case - he has got Palestine on the brain. He would never have said that, were she not a Muslim, and was like a white person from a Christian background and in a pickle overseas somewhere else. 

Yeah they said he was a mental case when he fought against apartheid and everyone else backed it,  they said the same when he said the Iraq war would spiral out of control and lead to suffering on a gigantic scale....

I think he is just pointing out the international law, we cant just cheery pick the bits of the law that we like, by the way, how come we have already let hundreds of isis fighters back into the country and now we have a problem with an isis bride? can anyone work that out?

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Killing is killing, whoever does it. There's no evidence that Shamina Begum has done any. British aircrew in WW2 and more recently killed hundreds of thousands.

Fake news

4 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Fake news

What a crassly idiotic thing to say. It's an undeniable fact. British bombing killed about 410,000 German civilians in the Second World War. 

If you think you've got any credible evidence to the contrary, post it.

4 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What a crassly idiotic thing to say. It's an undeniable fact. British bombing killed about 410,000 German civilians in the Second World War. 

If you think you've got any credible evidence to the contrary, post it.

Gosh.  This is has all the hallmarks of Isis propaganda.  Even I'm starting to appreciate Isis's side of the argument. 

Not that I'm accusing you of peddling Isis propaganda. I know you wouldn't Halibut.  Relax. 

2 minutes ago, danot said:

Gosh.  This is has all the hallmarks of Isis propaganda.  Even I'm starting to appreciate Isis's side of the argument. 

Not that I'm accusing you of peddling Isis propaganda. I know you wouldn't Halibut.  Relax. 

I'm simply pointing out that the poster's claim of 'fake news' was utterly absurd, as you well know.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I'm simply pointing out that the poster's claim of 'fake news' was utterly absurd, as you well know.

But c'mon Halibut. You can't seriously believe that innocent victims of war are the equivalent of innocent victims of Isis?  You can't.

6 minutes ago, danot said:

But c'mon Halibut. You can't seriously believe that innocent victims of war are the equivalent of innocent victims of Isis?  You can't.

I suspect he/she will state that a death is a death and a killing is a killing.  No one killing can be better justified than another etc etc

Idealist tosh of course. 

2 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I suspect he/she will state that a death is a death and a killing is a killing.  No one killing can be better justified than another etc etc

Idealist tosh of course. 

so you cant back up your claim about fake news then?