Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

3 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting how the forum leftists are happy to support this girls so called rights, considering that her actions and opinions cause more hatred towards a certain religion than anything the likes of Tommy Robinson say's or does, do they not see their own hypocrisy and lack of perspective ?

Yeah let's just let her and her child back and support them with benefits or ask her a few questions at the taxpayers expense while trying to silence those who dare to criticise the religious aspects of her cause, who knows in a few years time when she has been 'de-radicalized' old Jezza  and co may have her standing for election in what's left of the Labour party, if not there will always be a spot on Loose Women or I'm a Celebrity eh ! 

You've missed the point by a country mile. This is about all of our rights, not this girls rights. If a court decides that she needs to spend a long time in jail you'll hear no complaints from me. She is British and it's our responsibility to sort the mess out.

Also, if this precedent is set, it will come back to hurt us. This girl entered Syria illegally, and they will not want to keep her there.

So how would you feel if the home country of illegal immigrants refused to accept them back.  Presumably to stop yourself becoming a hypocrite you would  believe that they should stay in our country irrespective of our wishes?

On 20/02/2019 at 17:52, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

There's a major movie out at the moment about a journalist called Marie Colvin who was murdered in a targetted airstrike by the Syrian military.

Now as far as I know, journalists are innocent civillians unless you subscribe to the Trump/Putin/Erdogan view that the mainstream media is a legitimate target.

By "military strikes", I meant when Begum compared the 22 deaths in the Manchester arena bombing to the deaths of innocent Syrian civilians who are dying due to our air strikes. That's why she made the comparison, because she was referring to us, Britain, US etc. The journalist who died was killed by Syrian air strike, or so her mother is claiming, saying she was targeted.  

9 minutes ago, danot said:

The journalist who died was killed by Syrian air strike, or so her mother is claiming, saying she was targeted.  

More than a claim.

A court has already ruled that the Syrian government was liable for her death stating that she was "specifically targetted because of her profession".

So Commie Corbyn shows his true colours by saying he wants the terrorist bird to be allowed back into the UK and given help and support.  The man is a disgrace. 

7 hours ago, mafya said:

This case will set a dangererous precedent if allowed to strip her of her nationality because she is eligible for Bengaladeshi nationality.

She is a terrorist and deserves to rot in Syria with the rest of her Islamic terrorist friends. 

6 hours ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting how the forum leftists are happy to support this girls so called rights, considering that her actions and opinions cause more hatred towards a certain religion than anything the likes of Tommy Robinson say's or does, do they not see their own hypocrisy and lack of perspective ?

Yeah let's just let her and her child back and support them with benefits or ask her a few questions at the taxpayers expense while trying to silence those who dare to criticise the religious aspects of her cause, who knows in a few years time when she has been 'de-radicalized' old Jezza  and co may have her standing for election in what's left of the Labour party, if not there will always be a spot on Loose Women or I'm a Celebrity eh ! 

Im by no means a leftie. Far from it but I support her rights. I also support Tommy Robinsons rights to speak about radical Islam and child grooming. Look at it like this, If this girls rights to a trial are taken away and she is no longer a British citizen, who elses rights can be taken away and what reasons can be used? Its a slippery slope.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

More than a claim.

A court has already ruled that the Syrian government was liable for her death stating that she was "specifically targetted because of her profession".

Fair enough.  Anyhow, the point I was making when you corrected me on my earlier claim where i said the military doesn't target civilians is that it wasnt our military that targeted Syrian civilians so why is she saying the deaths of innocent Syrian civilians justifies the bombing of Manchester?  Her reasoning makes no sense to me. 

1 minute ago, danot said:

Fair enough.  Anyhow, the point I was making when you corrected me on my earlier claim where i said the military doesn't target civilians is that it wasnt our military that targeted Syrian civilians so why is she saying the deaths of innocent Syrian civilians justifies the bombing of Manchester?  Her reasoning makes no sense to me. 

She only stated 'they' said the bombing of Manchester was justified.   The moderator made this point very well earlier in the thread. You don't seem to understand that it was other people who told her the bombing in Manchester was justified and that is not the same as it being her own personal belief.

41 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

She is a terrorist and deserves to rot in Syria with the rest of her Islamic terrorist friends.

Is she? What acts of terror is she responsible for? Where's the evidence?

Edited by Magilla

42 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Very few get what they deserve, even fewer deserve what they get.

Anyway leaving Gandalf quotes to one side, doesn't Syria get any say in the matter?

51 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

She only stated 'they' said the bombing of Manchester was justified.   The moderator made this point very well earlier in the thread. You don't seem to understand that it was other people who told her the bombing in Manchester was justified and that is not the same as it being her own personal belief.

I'm sorry,  but she can't just detach herself from Isis ideology for the duration of the interview while simultaneously admitting that she  has no regrets about joining and still stands by her terrorists husband.  She and they are one in the same.  They support the same cause and share the same beliefs. And I wasn't aware of a moderater making any point earlier, but knowing this makes sence of the past two days. Anyhow,  ive made my point and expressed my opinion, which I am entitled to do. I have rights too you know. 

Edited by danot

1 hour ago, danot said:

so why is she saying the deaths of innocent Syrian civilians justifies the bombing of Manchester?  Her reasoning makes no sense to me. 

We are back to square one again.

She has never said that the deaths of innocent civillians justifies the bombing of Manchester.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

We are back to square one again.

She has never said that the deaths of innocent civillians justifies the bombing of Manchester.

Yes she did but she referred to"they" believe...  They being Isis to which she and "they" (including her husband who she's standing by) belong.