Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

8 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

However some parts of society will see her as a hero, and that's the worry. 

Surely that depends on what she says or does?

If she spends her time telling anyone who will listen that she has been a complete idiot and warning other young people not to be so gullible and naive, then I doubt she would be seen as a hero by the parts of society I assume you are referring to.

12 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

. From then on she should be given a new identity with strict conditions attached to prevent her being used as an icon for extremists, or even worse to be involved with extremists herself. The last thing that should happen is to see her plastered all over the television giving anti Western rants like Choudary and Hook were.

Why? She hasn't killed anyone.

This is one of those cases where I said to my wife: 'I am not going to make my mind up yet' - it is really easy to act on initial emotions and they most definitely were: let her rot. But then reality kicked in, she is pregnant, carrying a child that is completely oblivious to the circumstances in which it was conceived, denying her re-entry also gives her child the same punishment.

Difficult situation, no doubt, but she has to be allowed back and put under supervision until a professional psychology assessment states that she is no threat.

39 minutes ago, Ms Macbeth said:

He seems to have more experience of terrorism than anyone here, some good points made.

Unfortunately expertise and experience count for very little in cases like this. 

People just want demonstrate that they hate her more than the last poster and are terrified that any rational contribution to the debate will have them labelled an apologist. Even the normally rational melthebel has grabbed a pitchfork and joined the lynch mob!

If it was proven that this woman's rehabilitation could genuinely damage militant Islam, I'm prety sure that some of the people on here would still say "So what, we still don't want her back!" Their need for a hate figure seems to take preference over damaging ISIS.

They remind me in many ways of some Ulster Loyalists who were gutted when the IRA called their final, permanent ceasefire. They needed the bogeyman of the IRA as it justified their existance. Tommy Robinson needs militant Islam to justify his existance.

I would love to see the extreme right wing, authoritarian, homophobic, misogynist, dangerous religious nutters of ISIS ground out of existance. I'm not sure that all posters on this thread would share this dream.

Some of you seem to need to hate, which puts you a lot closer to the 15 year old Shamima Begum than I will ever be! 😱

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

There was an awful lot of SS soldiers who went on to lead perfectly normal lives post 1945, who has quite happily signed up  before that. Would you have killed all them?

I'm not defending this girl, she sounds a horrible piece of work, and from a legal standpoint we are probably stuck with her. I wouldn't try and bring her back here either - we aren't obligated to do so and nor should we. But stick her head in a noose the second she arrives at Heathrow? I'm not sure. All sounds a bit ISIS to me.

Of course many former SS soldiers went on to lead normal lives after WWII but they were back in Germany. Not many Germans chose to fight alongside the enemy & not many UK citizens chose to fight against us alongside Germany, did they? Any who did would have been executed for treason at that time. I fail to see this point of your argument? 

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And you know that, how?

Go to 0:55 of her speaking and hear her saying "i don't regret it" . I think that's proof enough considering its from the horses mouth. 

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Unfortunately expertise and experience count for very little in cases like this. 

People just want demonstrate that they hate her more than the last poster and are terrified that any rational contribution to the debate will have them labelled an apologist. Even the normally rational melthebel has grabbed a pitchfork and joined the lynch mob!

If it was proven that this woman's rehabilitation could genuinely damage militant Islam, I'm prety sure that some of the people on here would still say "So what, we still don't want her back!" Their need for a hate figure seems to take preference over damaging ISIS.

They remind me in many ways of some Ulster Loyalists who were gutted when the IRA called their final, permanent ceasefire. They needed the bogeyman of the IRA as it justified their existance. Tommy Robinson needs militant Islam to justify his existance.

I would love to see the extreme right wing, authoritarian, homophobic, misogynist, dangerous religious nutters of ISIS ground out of existance. I'm not sure that all posters on this thread would share this dream.

Some of you seem to need to hate, which puts you a lot closer to the 15 year old Shamima Begum than I will ever be! 😱

We all wondered when little Tommy would get the blame .

Posts containing insinuations, name calling and masked swearing have been removed.

We understand its an emotive subject but any further and accounts will be suspended.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/231521

If anyone interested

36 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Of course many former SS soldiers went on to lead normal lives after WWII but they were back in Germany. Not many Germans chose to fight alongside the enemy & not many UK citizens chose to fight against us alongside Germany, did they? Any who did would have been executed for treason at that time. I fail to see this point of your argument? 

Then you haven't thought about it properly.

4 hours ago, Halibut said:

You're clearly grossly overestimating the degree of cost incurred - and why the assumption that she'd be on benefits the rest of her life?

For all those of you who are determined to see her as evil, here's a different perspective. All I'd ask is that you actually read it before deciding it's a load of rubbish - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/14/shamima-begum-grooming-islamic-state-pregnant-uk

It's a perspective on the situation. Still doesn't change things for me. I don't want her here. There are millions more people needing help and finance to do so. People like her suck away time and precious resource from where it's needed, and also have the potential to do massive harm.