Shamima Begum

nikki-red

We have reopened this thread.

The second it goes off topic or resorts to insults suspensions will be issued and it will be locked again.

Also. while we understand this is an emotive subject we will not tolerate any comments wishing harm on people.

Last chance.

Message added by nikki-red

38 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Has it occurred to you to ask why she wasn't fazed by that horrific spectacle? Has it occurred to you that she was a child when she was groomed into going to Syria?

Has it occurred to you that she is unrepentant about her actions

Has it occurred to you that one of the reasons she wants to "come home" is because the people she went to go be with have virtually disappeared.

Has it occurred to you that she called one of the girls who went across and died "a Martyr".

Has it occurred to you that she is only wanting to "come home" because she wants the baby here.

Has it occurred to you that anyone who "isn't bothered" by seeing heads in bins because they are the enemy is a tiny bit of a risk to the country

Her husband is Dutch, let her go to Holland

Put it this way, would you feel safe if she was back here and "rehabilitated" (whatever that means) and moved in next to you befriending any children you may have in your family? 

She chose to put herself in the media limelight, let her stay in it by staying there. 

56 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Has it occurred to you to ask why she wasn't fazed by that horrific spectacle? Has it occurred to you that she was a child when she was groomed into going to Syria?

this type of "child" as you call her wasnt fazed then and isnt now that type will always be extremist, she had extremist views then as she does now, mitigating it makes you look like a sympathiser. keep her out and send the rest of her family here back to her if shes so lonely and needs help.

5 hours ago, Halibut said:

I don't give a flying <removed> about her or the predicament she's in. I was working at 15 and was more than capable of understanding my actions she was to.

Edited by nikki-red

4 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I don't give a flying <removed> about her or the predicament she's in. I was working at 15 and was more than capable of understanding my actions she was to.

How very charming of you.  Do you suppose every 15 year old in the world was just like you at that age?

Edited by nikki-red

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

How very charming of you.  Do you suppose every 15 year old in the world was just like you at that age?

Some will be playing on their skateboards, others watching Marvel or Dc films, others will be playing games with their mates, others looking after pets.

NOT going of to fight for a punch of terrorists beheading anyone who doesn't follow their extreme brand of Islam.

Do you suppose they tolerate people with your views? I don't think they do.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Some will be playing on their skateboards, others watching Marvel or Dc films, others will be playing games with their mates, others looking after pets.

NOT going of to fight for a punch of terrorists beheading anyone who doesn't follow their extreme brand of Islam.

If you consider the possibility that she was a naive schoolgirl led astray by those with bad intent you might view her plight differently. But knowing you, probably not.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

If you consider the possibility that she was a naive schoolgirl led astray by those with bad intent you might view her plight differently. But knowing you, probably not.

Assuming that she was naive and led astray, does her current outlook make you think she's ashamed of what she did? Her persona in the media says otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Shunter said:

Assuming that she was naive and led astray, does her current outlook make you think she's ashamed of what she did? Her persona in the media says otherwise.

I'm not naive enough to believe that you can judge a persons intent and innermost thoughts by the way the media presents them. You clearly are.

3 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Well you, don't know me.

Ahh, just your average young girl, what are they like ehh? Of to the middle east to a warzone, having 3 kids, fighting for a caliphate and helping hubby after he's had a hard day beheading other muslims. Kids, eh??

Can you list the public services you'd earmark to have their funding dropped, to fund the enormous legal bill, security services monitoring bill and benefits for the rest of her life???? Not to mention the all the other security implications when she gets back.

Common sense gone missing.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I'm not naive enough to believe that you can judge a persons intent and innermost thoughts by the way the media presents them. You clearly are.

But naive enough to think it's the actions of a regular kid, who won't be a risk if they get back.

1 minute ago, woodview said:

Can you list the public services you'd earmark to have their funding dropped, to fund the enormous legal bill, security services monitoring bill and benefits for the rest of her life???? Not to mention the all the other security implications when she gets back.

You're clearly grossly overestimating the degree of cost incurred - and why the assumption that she'd be on benefits the rest of her life?

For all those of you who are determined to see her as evil, here's a different perspective. All I'd ask is that you actually read it before deciding it's a load of rubbish - https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/14/shamima-begum-grooming-islamic-state-pregnant-uk

7 minutes ago, woodview said:

But naive enough to think it's the actions of a regular kid, who won't be a risk if they get back.

Did I say she wouldn't be a risk or are you just making up my thoughts for me?

No one made her go and live in this murderous groups so called Caliphate. She shows no remorse in fact the complete opposite. I don't believe she was some naive little girl. Before she left hours of ISIS propaganda were watched by her. There is no place for her and kind in civilised society. She chose to live in hell let her live in it.