I Pad query

I Pad went into sleep mode as usual when I left it for a while,when I started it again it said activation required and to select the appropriate Wi-Fi network. 

When I selected my network it didn't ask for any router password details and said it could take several minutes, at this point I got a bit paranoid and switched off. Anybody else had this happen.

Sounds unusual,  to me...

Could you you provide more details please,

Like is the Wifi from where you set it up originally?

Can you connect it to  a PC via iTunes?

What version iPad, how new?

PM me..

It's an Ipad2 and has been on the same Wi-Fi network since I got it about 11 years ago. Not tried connecting it to Itunes.

It has been playing up a lot lately, often slowing right down and locking up.

Think it may be on its last legs, 

I Suggest you return to Factory Settings, then update to latest edition iOS.

Forgot to say it connected to WI-FI straight away, it's that long since I set it up I couldn't remember how long activation took an got a bit worried about why it needed reactivating.

Last time I got notification of the latest IOS and tried to download it said not compatible with my ipad

Mine is a 2...

What iOS you using?

I'll Google how to reset it and give it a try, it's not the end of the world if it's had its day as it doesn't really owe me anything and I got a Fire tablet at Christmas

Can't remember which IOS it's on and can't find out unless I reactivate it

Cheers De Zeus, early start in the morning so will try and sort it tomorrow

10 minutes ago, DeZeus said:

I Suggest you return to Factory Settings, then update to latest edition iOS.

A word of warning. 

The last iOS available the iPad 2 was iOS 9.3.5 however the last iOS that actually supported the iPad 2 was iOS 7.x.x and after that it virtually ground to a halt with each sucessive update especially with less than 1Gb of available storage remaining.

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A word of warning. 

The last iOS available the iPad 2 was iOS 9.3.5 however the last iOS that actually supported the iPad 2 was iOS 7.x.x and after that it virtually ground to a halt with each sucessive update especially with less than 1Gb of available storage remaining.

Thanks for tbat ,It is pretty full but nothing of any real importance so think it may be fine to consign it to the bin. I just got a bit paranoid that it may have been hacked, that's why I aborted the activation.