Teenager who sexually abused a child given absolute discharge

should have been prosecuted,he clearly is a paedo ,no normal person wouldnt dream of doing what he did,he should be in jail in my eyes.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Clearly you haven't looked hard enough or you would have seen the psychologists reports which stated that the victim appeared to have suffered no injury or long lasting effects.

I'm sorry but I would rather these decisions were made by qualified professionals in possession of all the facts, than shouty people on facebook any day of the week!

So, presumably on those grounds, you believe rapists who use Rohypnol should also be set free?

Then, can you explain why we have a Sentence Review process and an Appeals process if, as you claim, the criminal justice system always gets it right?

And also, why are you so adamantly defensive of this criminal?????

Edited by woodview

45 minutes ago, woodview said:

Certainly makes you wonder doesn't it.. 

2 hours ago, scrapper said:

should have been prosecuted,he clearly is a paedo ,no normal person wouldnt dream of doing what he did,he should be in jail in my eyes.

He was prosecuted...

2 hours ago, woodview said:

So, presumably on those grounds, you believe rapists who use Rohypnol should also be set free?

Typically you're claiming things of people that haven't been said and aren't even slightly inferred.

2 hours ago, woodview said:

Then, can you explain why we have a Sentence Review process and an Appeals process if, as you claim, the criminal justice system always gets it right?

A defence of the process isn't the same as a defence of a specific criminal.

What's being discussed here isn't the criminal act, it's the system which has resulted in the Sheriff giving the criminal an absolute discharge.  Nobody even disagrees that the verdict of guilty is wrong (except the people who couldn't be bothered to find out what 'absolute discharge' meant).  The only thing under discussion is the sentence and that's about the system that sets the sentence and the Sheriff, it isn't about the convicted person.

9 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

He was prosecuted...

Typically you're claiming things of people that haven't been said and aren't even slightly inferred.

What's being discussed here isn't the criminal act, it's the system which has resulted in the Sheriff giving the criminal an absolute discharge.  Nobody even disagrees that the verdict of guilty is wrong (except the people who couldn't be bothered to find out what 'absolute discharge' meant).  The only thing under discussion is the sentence and that's about the system that sets the sentence and the Sheriff, it isn't about the convicted person.

Im not making a false claim  you said "the victim appeared to have suffered no injury or long lasting effects" 

so I commented on your claim, which you conveniently forgotton.

So, is that your opinion? If the victim doesn't have any long lasting effects, the offender walks? 

Some offences are quite black and white with no mitigating circumstances. This case is one of them, in my opinion, 15, 16, 17 year old male interferes (for two years) with a female child of 6, although the sex of the child is irrelevant I think.

Black and white, he did it, he should be severely punished for his actions. As my OP says, imagine if this was your child if you will, his crime is un defenable.

Angel1 

3 hours ago, woodview said:

Grow up! 🙄

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Grow up! 🙄

Why? Your argument for agreeing with letting him walk free is that the poor 6 year old would have not suffered any long term harm from his years of abuse. You'll have to explain the difference, because I'm really struggling with your logic on this, and I'm clearly not the only one.

44 minutes ago, woodview said:

I'm really struggling with your logic on this

I assume that you are deliberately misrepresenting my posts so if you are struggling with your own deliberate misrepresentations then your head must be a real mess.

I don't see anyone else struggling! 😂

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I assume that you are deliberately misrepresenting my posts so if you are struggling with your own deliberate misrepresentations then your head must be a real mess.

I don't see anyone else struggling! 😂

Ok, can you give me an example of circumstances why this young adult should not receive any punishment? (and don't say 'he's been in the paper' as his punishment).

The report says it was because he is socially awkward and is doing a degree in dentistry. So, presumably that in itself isn't enough, is it??

So, why could he not receive a custodial sentence and the crime not be on his record??? Just an example of circumstances will suffice.

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

He was prosecuted...

Could this be the biggest example of irony ever?

18 minutes ago, woodview said:

So, why could he not receive a custodial sentence and the crime not be on his record??? Just an example of circumstances will suffice.

You are still struggling with this, aren’t you? 😂