FaceBook security

Can anyone tell me if its possible to excluded from Facebook search results please?

If so, How do I do this?

Thanks.

Could you Elaborate?

in what method are you using Search?

e.g. In EBay you can exclude items from your Search using :

Boats -rowing -cruisers etc...

I presume they might work similarly....

As TCH, I agree, as I'm not a FB advocate..

I have A FB acct, but no one can find me...on there..

Love .... SF.....

Edited by DeZeus

Facebook is unfortunately a necessary evil for her sports activities. She has no school friends on her friends list, its just her sports.

When I say search, I mean when someone not on her friends list searches for her by name, I dont want them to be able to find her profile.

Ive tried every privacy feature, ticked every box but when I search for her using a non friends list profile she still appears.

Hardly any content appears but enough to let people know what she does and we dont want that.

13 minutes ago, K1Machine said:

Ive tried every privacy feature, ticked every box but when I search for her using a non friends list profile she still appears.

Hardly any content appears but enough to let people know what she does and we dont want that.

I'm not sure it is possible to make facebook totally private.

It is a network and by definition there are connections between all parts of it. I know a few people who have got into all sorts of trouble with partners and employers for posting stuff which they thought was private.

Even facebook itself says that the only way to stay totally private is to leave the network! 😵

I think you may be right.

Anyway, ive done the best I can do, she still comes up in search results but no content can be seen.

Its really rather sad that these steps had to be taken for the sake of some insecure bullies who like picking on girls.

Cheers for your replies.

Yes unfortunately it does. I did toy with the idea of changing the name anyway but she said even an incorrect spelling of her name (theres a couple of different ways to spell her name) would cause problems for her.

Thanks for the idea though.

Just make the account private, and "Friends only" - there are also a settings within there.. Click the little arrow (top right, near the "(?)" ) from within Facebook, then click "Privacy" on the left menu, then under "How people can find and contact you",  set all those options to "Friends only" and/or "Friends of Friends"

This will limit what random mr joe bloggs public can find and do :)

I really dislike Facebook and can therefore  appreciate your concern.  I can’t advise because although I have an account I don’t know a great deal about the workings of FB. I have the settings clamped down and only use it every now and again for news and reading interest. I don’t post on it so to me it’s not social media as such.

Looking at this from another angle, can you discuss this with the sports leaders? There has been so much negativity about Facebook in the press that they ought to be amenable to an alternative. Only one I can think of is Google Groups but there must be more. If they insist on using FB then they could form a closed group - they are not searchable (AFAIK).  

Edited by Jomie