Battery Recycling

At the office where I work, we have a small box for household batteries that are to be recycled. The box is now full but I have no idea how to dispose of it. I don't have a car so taking them to a council tip is going to be problematic. Is there some place that collects them? Preferably free!

TIA

Musashi

Most supermarkets have Battery recycling boxes, they must know, how to dispose under WEEE...

or maybe you could let them have them...

Ring your local supermarket ask if you can leave them there, I know Asda have quite a bin for batteries in the store. I suppose you could take a few at a time and put them in the collection bin if you use Asda. I noticed in Aldi there was just a small basket for them as you went to the exit.

Tesco Infirmary Road have a battery bin too located past the checkouts. 

Try the supermarkets they usually have some where to dispose of them

2 hours ago, Musashi said:

At the office where I work, we have a small box for household batteries that are to be recycled. The box is now full but I have no idea how to dispose of it. I don't have a car so taking them to a council tip is going to be problematic. Is there some place that collects them? Preferably free!

TIA

Musashi

The retailer that supplies your batteries is supposed to offer recycling. It looks like you are talking about small alkaline batteries. Who supplied your container? We offer a commercial scheme for battery recycling but ask the retailer you buy them off first because commercial collections need a decent amount.

19 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

The retailer that supplies your batteries is supposed to offer recycling. It looks like you are talking about small alkaline batteries. Who supplied your container? We offer a commercial scheme for battery recycling but ask the retailer you buy them off first because commercial collections need a decent amount.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if there's a charge? :suspect:

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if there's a charge? :suspect:

Not sure if that was supposed to be a pun or not. LOL. If there is only a small quantity then yes, hence me suggesting they take them back to their retailer. You need a decent volume to obtain a free of charge collection otherwise how would you cover the cost of staff wages, vehicles and fuel etc at the waste company? 

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that anywhere that sells batteries, has to also offer a recycling facility.

Surely there’s somebody else in the office who has a car, can’t you ask someone else to get rid of them ?