Blades v Boro

19 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Boro, crude, dirty, overly physical, main attack strategy, long distance throw.

Medical team at the Lane will have their work cut out after that horror show

Yeah was brutal m8 was dissapointed the way they went about it. Even l winced at the tackles not gud for football seeing that. 

6 hours ago, Mooks said:

Yeah was brutal m8 was dissapointed the way they went about it. Even l winced at the tackles not gud for football seeing that. 

Nice to hear someone who is not single minded.  Fair comments and is willing to admit his teams good and bad points. I always look forward to reading your views Mooks.

10 hours ago, cmonkes said:

I love how the only thing Wednesday have to hope for on a matchday these days, is a United loss.

Another professional performance from a 'makeshift' line up.  A ban and slight strain to a key player, led to a complete change in line up and players being played on out position. But again it worked due to hard work and patience.

Another three points and points picked up on rivals! The way we bounce back from set backs is unreal, we've done it on several occasions this year! The sign of a quality team who have what it takes to challenge!!

This team of players know they are capable of picking up points against anyone in this league and fear nobody......You can throw as much money as you want at it, you can't buy to spirit that we have in our camp.

Envy us Wednesday, your club could learn a hell of a lot from us.

It is annoying when fans say you envy another club or are jealous. Does this mean you blades are jealous or envious of Liverpool, Man city etc? Most fans support their club through the good and bad times, at the minute you are doing very well and I don't have a problem with that. 

Another good result last night, you may well have enough to go up so we'll see

14 hours ago, speedy69 said:

The gap in the table, yes, the gap in class, no.

Remember form is temporary, class is permanent 😉

Ha that 's a pity there's no hope for your lot then?

I think I've predicted a Blades loss once in about 10 weeks.

That's not really the actions of a 'jealous', 'envious' Wednesday fan.

Why are Blades commenting on the lack of Wednesday posters on here?

It's not a surprise is it?

Have we got even the slightest chink of light to write about?

I publicly greatly reduced my posts back in November because the players weren't representing me properly. I haven't been to a game since November either.

I know we have some very good players. I know we have some crocks. I know we have a team with (at present) largely shocking attitudes. I know we need a good sorting.

No team can play that poorly week in and week out.

Even the poor teams play good football quite often. We're playing average, unexciting football week after week.

For instance, I've stood by Nuhiu's attitude for the last 5 years, it's been first class.

His attitude in late 2018 and now in February 2019 has taken a massive slide.

It appears to me that there's only Westwood, Hutchinson and Bannan that now have the attitude I'd support.

I don't know (and neither does anyone else) what the huge underlying problem is at Hillsborough. We look like a very average side (but I know we're far, far better than what we are showing). IF Kieran Lee comes back, he will make a massive difference. IF Hooper comes back firing on all cylinders, he too will make a massive difference.

The trouble is, will the team's attitude change as a whole, or will they continue to not give a stuff.

Like any football supporter, I don't like to see our main rivals doing so well, whilst we are almost in the gutter, but I don't lose sleep or cry buckets when I look at the League positions.

Everyone at S2 deserves to be where they are. Attitude, hard work, togetherness, and a touch of skill HAS to reap benefits.

Whether it's enough to get Promotion this season, we'll have to see.

Obviously, I hope you don't, but something tells me you will.

Good luck to ya.

If it pays off, you've all worked for it.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

59 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Ha that 's a pity there's no hope for your lot then?

And they wonder why we think they're  deluded!

14 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Boro, crude, dirty, overly physical, main attack strategy, long distance throw.

Medical team at the Lane will have their work cut out after that horror show

Another good thing about last night was the fact we now have some depth to our squad .Two guys came in to the team who have had very little football and they played a blinder.Another guy played in a position he has never played in before and was in my opinion man of the match if not he was a close second to our center half.I think Wilder will have some hard decisions to make on Saturday regarding picking the team they all had a decent game including the goalie who after Saturday needed a good'un.

18 hours ago, speedy69 said:

The gap in the table, yes, the gap in class, no.

Remember form is temporary, class is permanent 😉

I agree class is permanent but the Owls class for 2 season has been poor class but SB says we have 9 centre forwards but only 1 goal in his 3 matches as manager   

Hard fought physical match last night containing 3 players with not many game minutes but fitted in well and all played excellent

Our squad is nicely balanced now  and I think all Blades are looking forward to Saturday

UTB

21 hours ago, Mooks said:

Well done guys boros quest is ended good luck for rest of the season

That was Boro's chance to consolidate more Mooks as Derby and Villa are inconsistent and now Bristol City are in the mix after nine straight league wins, that's impressive form.

22 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Everyone at S2 deserves to be where they are. Attitude, hard work, togetherness, and a touch of skill HAS to reap benefits.

Whether it's enough to get Promotion this season, we'll have to see.

Obviously, I hope you don't, but something tells me you will.

Good luck to ya.

If it pays off, you've all worked for it.

"Thanks" HM. Obviously not the views shared by (presumably) the Weds "fans" who shouted *****ng p*g at us Wednesday night as they drove past as we were crossing Devonshire St. We being myself and 2 young lads.  

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, "class is permanent" or in this case the lack of it. UTB.

Boro were indeed, very "physical" to say the least, however they were very quick to the ball  and gave us something to think about and work hard for.

I think they will have enough in the tank to stay around the top six.

As for SUFC, we were even in the first half and then CW and AK mixed things up and it was virtually all us.

Good result.