Problem Neighbour

4 minutes ago, zach said:

but up to now the council have been little help.

To be fair, if the council struggles to deal with its own problem tenants I can't see them being much use with a private tenant.

Maybe housing benefit claims should be stopped or reduced for breach of tenancy agreements. Non payment of rent seems to be the only way a landlord can evict someone without much effort.

11 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

To be fair, if the council struggles to deal with its own problem tenants I can't see them being much use with a private tenant.

Maybe housing benefit claims should be stopped or reduced for breach of tenancy agreements. Non payment of rent seems to be the only way a landlord can evict someone without much effort.

I my case the people in question own their property.

I'll keep trying and see what comes of the next complaint. I won't be holding my breath!

On 24/02/2019 at 18:24, katekate said:

I wasn't aware  that the council could intervene if it was a private property but thanks for the info, I will contact them.

Good luck, I hope you get your situation sorted asap.  I've contacted Sheffield star has I seem to hitting a brick wall each and everytime I speak to them. 

Still in the same situation, council with the same standard responses to local councillors and local MP which seems to be the standard excuses "the situation is complicated".   Due to the situation we decided along with the council that the only option was to decant the property (over 6 weeks ago).   Further more the neighbouring tenant continues to refuse to dispose their waste in black bin provided,  which in turn is escalating the situation.   I will again be touch with local councillors, MP and director of housing at Sheffield city council.   

Government doesn't spent the money to help or assist insane people, these ill people go crazy and become a problem council cannot deal with.

It is not fair to throw these people on the street. It is not fair to live next to such mentally ill person, cannot really blame ill people, that illness is not intentional or premeditated. This is a trend happening all around the world where these problematic individuals are dumped in some poverty zone kept alive as cheap as possible ignoring all complaints from people who have to live around them.

Edited by dutch

Wade, sounds like you are dealing with the situation in the best way possible, and with more empathy than most of us could manage.

One more idea. You could try calling the helpline for the mental health charity Mind and ask if they have any suggestions.

0300 123 3393
info@mind.org.uk
Text: 86463

It's really beyond what you should have to do, but they may have suggestions that we would never think of.

Good luck, sorry you have been put in this situation.

Edited by Dozer

Past 4mths have been a complete nightmare, I've tried every avenue possible but continue to hit a brick wall each time.  Over the years it has been one issue after another with the neighbouring tenant by far this is the worst situation.   Ive reported repairs on the neighbouring tenants behalf.   The impact it has had on my family and I is huge,  from stress to financial situation (as we are unable to claim on content insurance), while in the meantime the tenant continues refuse to help the situation.  

Sounds just appalling. I wasn't sure from your previous post, have you decided to move away? Really sorry that is necessary, but hope you get somewhere you can have peace of mind.

Were currently awaiting for a decant property to become available along with council we decided that this was the option available to us  ( been waiting over 6weeks).    Thank you Dozer.