Problem Neighbour

Could anyone point me in the right direction I have a neighbour whom has mental health problems, we have had numerous issues with next door since moving in (just under 9years ago)  from noise to them trying to them causing fire risks (which Sheffield council are aware).  Our latest problem is pests coming from next doors property into ours and causing damage within our home  we know that they are coming from the next door neighbours due to the property been in total disrepair and within all our time within the property they have never taken the black bin/recycling bins out to be emptied or had them emptied.  At present this is making our property a complete nightmare to be living in.   Is their any organisation that I could contact to get my neighbour the help they require. 

A council tenant, the council are aware of the situation surrounding them.  

What animals is it and how are they getting into your home?

3 minutes ago, wade w said:

A council tenant, the council are aware of the situation surrounding them.  

What action are they taking?

At present its mice we've found numerous holes on internal walls we've blocked them off the best we can but weve now got the mice with the floorboards etc.    The housing officer I spoke to last week was aware of the situation within their property.  

All we have been advised is that they are aware of the situation within the property next door, the council have also paid for environmental health to come to our property.   

4 minutes ago, wade w said:

The housing officer I spoke to last week was aware of the situation within their property.  

And is doing what?

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What action are they taking?

They haven't advised us on what their doing in regards to them, all they have said is that they are aware of the ongoing situation with our next door neighbour.  During the summer its ourselves whom contact the council to come and clear their garden.    The council have issues entering the property as they refuse to answer the door to anyone this includes emergency services, which then in turn come to our property to ask if we have seen them etc. 

It sounds as though the council are trying to ignore the situation.

I know this sounds harsh but you could ask them to open an antisocial behaviour case and serve him/her with a Notice Seeking Possession. Once their tenancy has been threatened it may spur other agencies on to get them the help they need.

Regardless of their mental health issues, you have an absolute right to live free from harassment and antisocial behaviour. Unfortunately Sheffield Homes have a very poor track record in these matters.

Tell the council that it is totally unacceptable and that you are going to contact your MP and Councillor. If the tenant is vulnerable and the house is in a state of disrepair then this makes the situation more serious, surely  the council have a duty of care to tenants. I bet if it was a private landlord they would soon be on their high horse and chasing them up to sort things out.

Good luck , we’ve been in a similar situation for 3 years , Boise disturbance , vermin in gardens , openly drug dealing , obvious safeguarding issues with elderly occupant and other criminal activity. Refusal of entry to the property.

All they wanted us to do was fill in a book detailing the information , nothing done we all