Disgusting letter published by the disgraceful Sheffield Star

Nothing to get steamed up about. Obviously written by a crackpot.

22 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Nothing to get steamed up about. Obviously written by a crackpot.

Yet people on here get steamed up over incorrect spellings and what they think someone has said.  Its not that easy i imagine to just ignore this sort of stuff.

Edited by willman

My Kids have had it rough.

Abusive mother who was Violent towards me and them. Continual involvement from ss due to their mothers behaviour.  Disrupted schooling with low attendance %. They even saw her try to kill me once. She had me arrested on false charges around a dozen times, kids interviewed at length by the police, she even went so far as to implicate them on one occasion then she upped and left 2 years ago and they have seen not hide nor hair of her for over 6 months.

Neither one of them have been in trouble with the police, one now has perfect attendance at school and the other goes to college and both are looking forward to a good future. You cant blame upbringing. Some people are just crap and always will be.

Guest makapaka
1 minute ago, K1Machine said:

My Kids have had it rough.

Abusive mother who was Violent towards me and them. Continual involvement from ss due to their mothers behaviour.  Disrupted schooling with low attendance %. They even saw her try to kill me once. She had me arrested on false charges around a dozen times, kids interviewed at length by the police, she even went so far as to implicate them on one occasion then she upped and left 2 years ago and they have seen not hide nor hair of her for over 6 months.

Neither one of them have been in trouble with the police, one now has perfect attendance at school and the other goes to college and both are looking forward to a good future. You cant blame upbringing. Some people are just crap and always will be.

I get where you’re coming from but You’ve just evidenced why upbringing does have impact really.

Do you think if your partner had stayed around then they would have the same school attendance and positive outlook?

Just now, makapaka said:

I get where you’re coming from but You’ve just evidenced why upbringing does have impact really.

Do you think if your partner had stayed around then they would have the same school attendance and positive outlook?

Possibly not but my point is that both kids  (21 and 15 yrs old) had their whole lives living a certain way. Its only the last two years where I have cared for them myself and only the last 6 months where their mothers influence has been totally removed. Even when their mum was living with us they didn't get into trouble with the police, hurt others steal or rob.

Obviously I missed the section of the bible where Jesus speeds around Jerusalem killing people.  What an utter nutjob. I'm surprised he hasn't used the apologist phrase if you walked a mile in their shoes.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What is it with you snowflakes these days?

It's an opinion, that all. Just one that is different to yours.

Get over it. 🙄

It is just an opinion, i agree. 

But i promise you The Star would not have dared to publish that letter if the dead occupants of the car would have been your typical S11 family and the opinion-giver someone typical the darnall area.  People would have been flooding the Star with complaints of insensitively and a lack of moral compassion for the deceased.

The letter writer would have been called far worse than a  the standard "nut job" believe me. 

Sounds like one of the many far left wing posters on this forum, so maybe he's reading this thread?

14 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Sounds like one of the many far left wing posters on this forum, so maybe he's reading this thread?

I'm not sure that any left wing poster would be spouting off about God and Jesus like that. That just makes no sense at all.

It is obviously the work of a religious crackpot but given that it starts by saying that it is a good thing that the perps are behind bars where they can't harm anyone else, I can't see how anyone can possibly say that is disrespectful to the relatives of the bereaved.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Possibly not but my point is that both kids  (21 and 15 yrs old) had their whole lives living a certain way. Its only the last two years where I have cared for them myself and only the last 6 months where their mothers influence has been totally removed. Even when their mum was living with us they didn't get into trouble with the police, hurt others steal or rob.

Good I’m glad - all the best to them.

obviously not everyone is the same tho - nor is the nature of their upbringing.

im not defending what these lads did by the way. Just making a general point on why it might happen.

i think it’s rare that people are generally born with a criminal mentality - it has to manifest somehow.

3 hours ago, makapaka said:

i think it’s rare that people are generally born with a criminal mentality - it has to manifest somehow.

How can anyone be born with a criminal mentality when a new born baby has absolutely no concept or understanding of anything other than their immediate surroundings?

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How can anyone be born with a criminal mentality when a new born baby has absolutely no concept or understanding of anything other than their immediate surroundings?

I should imagine it's more about being born with a set a characteristics which collectively make you more likely to engage in criminal behaviour - low empathy, poor impulse control, etc. Then depending on how that base line is moulded during childhood can enhance or reduce such tendencies.